DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I installed aftermarket speakers in my doors and am only getting the muddy lows. Can you bypass the amp for the two speakers or do you have to replace. If you can bypass the amp, any tips? :(

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yeah, you can bypass the amp. The stock radio has an amp built in and the inputs to the amp are high level so if you bypass it your radio will be powering the speakers, and sending a full range of frequencies to it. Its just a matter of cutting your front inputs and front outputs from the amp and connecting the two together. There is a wiring guide somewhere in the how-to section with the wire colors I think.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
mowiexhowie said:
thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to hear, i just hope i don't screw it up
You'll be fine. Its kinda tight in there and if you're not comfortable with or good at soldering then I would recommend you go with some good splice connectors but you have to be careful you don't have big connectors in there so the kickplate will sit flush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.