DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there still double din bezels floating around. My cd changer took a crap on me. So I told myself when it did, I would go with a double din radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2002 300M and I'm wondering the same question.

Actually, if I can't get a double DIN in this thing it's just going to give me a reason to sell it..so don't make me sell my car. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
if i get a custom bezel for double dinn for my 2002 300m special limited will i need anything else liek adaopters or aything for a new doublr dinn radio?

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Nope...wiring is the same, only the shape and size of the radio is different
BTW....I think Shawn is still banned from the board...not sure why, but no doubt he will be back on.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
How hard is it to make a custom double din? I see the space underneath the deck and see a good spot, or I may have to try my hand at some minor wire relocationing

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
How hard is it to make a custom double din? I see the space underneath the deck and see a good spot, or I may have to try my hand at some minor wire relocationing
To make it look right, you need to do a lot of sanding and filling to make it look factory. I've collected what's needed to make one, just never really had a need to do it since I don't have a double din radio yet.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
I don't think Shawn was making them, someone he knows was making them and yes they were expensive! If I remember correctly they were around $200

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I don't think Shawn was making them, someone he knows was making them and yes they were expensive! If I remember correctly they were around $200
Correct, he was having somebody make them. That person is no longer making them and the new guy charges about 1 1/2 times that, so they are just too expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK I'm obviously late to this party but I would gladly pay $200 for a customized double din console bezel for my '02 300m.
If you have any way of steering me toward one, I'd be beholdin' to ya.
Do I need to send mine in to be customized or are they built from scratch? Any help is appreciated.
:smileyvault-newhere

1 - 20 of 21 Posts