DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to take this on. i started with a 300m/LHS bezel had the wife buy me a dremel for our anniversary and finally got a day off.. all i need at this point is filler, and paint. its already plastic welded on the back side.

I have a few intrepid bezels as well but i need to wait until i get paid to get everything to do all of these. be next thursday. also get my taxes back then as well. woot!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, looks good.

Wanna do a first gen for me?
Thanks, will look much better once the gaps are filled and sanded. Im not familiar at all with first gens, i'll have to go to my PAP and poke around in the dash and see what it takes to make it be possible and give it a go if you're serious.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Is there roomin the dash to fit a double din? How much cutting is involved?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's definitely room. There is a single plastic bar that needs to be removed, I was able to remove it with a hack saw. I think all it was was minor support between the two sides of the console. Has had zero effect since removal.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
I'll send you a center - I know it has been done, but I wasn't impressed with the one I saw. I have to find out if I mount lower, higher, both, etc - but I'll send you a center bezel.

PM me your address - I'll send it to you even if it doesn't pan out for me.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
haahahhahaha If you pick up shipping, I'll send you a first gen tranny that probably only has bad speed sensors... your risk of using though - it is in limp mode all the time, and the wiring has been consumed by mice, so I'm not doing any diagnostic work. ahhahaha

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to thank whichever moderator changed the tag from "NOTICE" to a :( but its ok, I changed it to something better than a :(

Dont worry about sending me a bezel just yet. I need to see what's behind the first gen console before i get your bezel, buy a double din mounting kit and plastic weld and put labor into it. Its going to be a about a week before I get the other materials to finish the one I just started and then I have to test it to make sure it holds up.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Cean,
I can break into mine if you want to see behind and what would be involved in doing a double din. I can also TRY to do a double din bezel, but I am more of the electronic guy. I would leave the building process to brando.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
That's looking good, get some more pictures!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get the rest of what I need thursday and start playing some more. Wont have another day off after that for a while. But I'll keep it alive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:smileyvault-newhereYou're growing a fan club.
I'm determined to get the new App2 in my '02 m.I have until spring before it comes out. Anxious to see if your project holds up.
Looks really nice so far!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did some strength tests on it, i dont think its going anywhere, ever. All I have left to do is put some plastic filler in it, sand it, and paint it. Would like to have all that done tomorrow... i'll post pics when i get it there. Thanks for the continued support! How many people are interested at about $125? and do you need a trip bezel, or a M bezel?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Think im finally done with the prototype. what you see is the finished bezel with fusion satin black on it. will flat black it before shipping so its not so dang shiny.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts