DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I did some searching on the brake upgrade question to find most of the threads on it seemed to be archived.
I got to wondering about the 300m brakes (and yes.,.they're single piston too)
when I found this company...http://www.buybrakes.com/nht/apps-Chrysler.html

now it is noted they do not specify on the 2004's if they're single or dual piston..the 2005 models are dual
which leads me to the obvious questions...how different is that 2005 model..
Now I am inclined to believe the 2004's are single piston based on the price difference..and while 245 and 400+ may be considered a bit pricey...they are powdercoated and sold in pairs...

The irony here is my original ideas of craziness were wondering if calipers from a Chevy blazer might bolt up to the knuckles which led me to wondering if there were knuckles from any other vehicle that might be bolt on (yeah..I think someone slipped me something...)

Anyway...long story short...assuming the 04's are single piston from NHT...how different is the 05's caliper?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Alright so I did some searching on the brake upgrade question to find most of the threads on it seemed to be archived.
I got to wondering about the 300m brakes (and yes.,.they're single piston too)
when I found this company...http://www.buybrakes.com/nht/apps-Chrysler.html

now it is noted they do not specify on the 2004's if they're single or dual piston..the 2005 models are dual
which leads me to the obvious questions...how different is that 2005 model..
Now I am inclined to believe the 2004's are single piston based on the price difference..and while 245 and 400+ may be considered a bit pricey...they are powdercoated and sold in pairs...

The irony here is my original ideas of craziness were wondering if calipers from a Chevy blazer might bolt up to the knuckles which led me to wondering if there were knuckles from any other vehicle that might be bolt on (yeah..I think someone slipped me something...)

Anyway...long story short...assuming the 04's are single piston from NHT...how different is the 05's caliper?
I may be wrong but I don't think there is a 2005 300M model. They are prolly mistaking them for the 300C model calipers.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I may be wrong but I don't think there is a 2005 300M model. They are prolly mistaking them for the 300C model calipers.
yep the last year of all LH's was 04. and your probably right about mistaking them with the 300c too

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've really had an itch to bolt up a set of SRT8 calipers and rotors. The bonus is that the bolt pattern is close enough that we could use the rotors w/out modification. There's a lot to be said about clearance issues with the rotor and caliper, as well as the necessary relocation bracket to make it all work.
Now that would be a sweet set up that would make all the work worth while.
I'm doing a C5 Corvette upgrade on my IROC, so couldn't be that much different than that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was kind of wondering about that myself when I saw it, which is part of why I posted the question.
That being said, I would imagine the ones listed for 2004 are likely single pistons like stock and that raises the question for me...are they basically stock calipers being sold with powdercoat for that much money? Because hell if so then I could get a stock set powder coated a heck of a lot cheaper then they are selling them for.
In comparing a 300c Caliper it is painfully obvious the bolt spread is way different..an adapter plate would be the only possible way to make that work and I am sure it is probably not worth the hassles that would arrive...I might still try and locate a variant knuckle that could work just for giggles, but the intrepid knuckles seem a bit unique if you ask me even compared to other dodges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts