DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced tie rod ends, adjustment sleeves, inner bushings, control arms/balljoints, strut rod bushings. The alignment is way off. Drove around the neightborhood and heard the tires rubbing. It drives ok, but it's off. Will driving 7 miles to the alignment shop destroy the front tires or something worse? Not high speeds, 35 mph max. Or I could take some side roads at lower speeds, but maybe a few more miles. thanks

Side note: anyone know any tricks to get the dust boot to seat on the Moog balljoint/control arms? can't get it to seat flush.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you can tape measure your tow in, and get it in the ball-park, that would be better, but you should be OK.
I took a measurement on the driver side tonight with a few adjustments:

-front of wheel - 5.6 cm
-back of wheel -6.4 cm

Havent looked at the pass side, but it looks way off. How close should I get for both +/- before driving to the shop? Or what is better, having the front of wheel out or in more? thx

This is the how-to I followed :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qFjAB67vk

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
I took a measurement on the driver side tonight with a few adjustments:

-front of wheel - 5.6 cm
-back of wheel -6.4 cm

Havent looked at the pass side, but it looks way off. How close should I get for both +/- before driving to the shop?
How are you measuring it?

It should be measured from the center of the tires on the front and back, and then that measurement compared. Should be in the 60 inches range +/-.

You want to get the distance between the front of the front tires and the rear of the front tires as close as possible, then take it straight to the alignment shop. As long as those measurements are close, you wont chew tires in 7 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts