DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. The power lock on my drivers side door has stopped working, and I'm not sure why. It's not a real problem, as I've become used to pushing it down manually to lock the door, but it would be nice if I could fix it easily by myself, and I was hoping someone here might know about it or have had that kind of trouble before. It's a 95 Intrepid SE. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those door locks will work!!
:biggrin:
I installed one on my car the other day (driver's side) and what's best is that they only cost about $5

They work great, but they will require some work to get on. They are not a direct swap for the original door lock motors.

You're gonna have to do some minor drilling (2 holes on the inner metal of the door) but that's probably the hardest part.
Choose the spot to do this wisely, and make sure that the facade will fit over it. The best place to put the motor is under the rod that connects to the plastic top of the lock. So that it is standing vertically.

Once you drill the holes, you simply screw the door lock motor on tightly, cut the wire that lead to the original power door lock and attach it to the new motor's wires. (make sure the wires are nice and short, and also make sure that they lock and unlock as they are supposed to.)

You measure the metal rod to see how long it's gonna need to be to attach to the door's lock, cut as necessary, then attach the rod to the lock motor, and then again at the top, to the door lock (using the included hardware)

In the end check to see that everything is attached correctly, make sure the wiring isn't too long, and that nothings hanging out. Put the facade on the door, screw everything in, and that's that.

I know this seems very confusing, but once you've got motor and everything that comes in the package, it's very self explanitory. I'll write up an actual faq with pictures and everything sometime soon (soon as i can borrow my brother's digi cam) I just wanted to let people know that with some minor work, they can save themselves $95.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts