DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is really gettin' me down. as i have posted before i am selling my 96 and i am getting a 33k 2001 es. One problem that has been bugging me is the drivers window. if it is up for a day or two it sticks to the weather strip and when you try to put it down it makes a loud cracking noise and pops itself off the weather strip. other than that the window works fine, but when you put it up it sounds like it goes too far and almost like it grinds back into place. i think the second noise could be it resetting on the weather strip, but im not sure. another side effect is a thick black rubber line on the glass. the line can be scratched off, but as soon as the window goes back up for a few days it sticks again and the line is back. im hoping it is not like a bent door or something, but im not sure. any ideas?

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
96 said:
ok, this is really gettin' me down. as i have posted before i am selling my 96 and i am getting a 33k 2001 es. One problem that has been bugging me is the drivers window. if it is up for a day or two it sticks to the weather strip and when you try to put it down it makes a loud cracking noise and pops itself off the weather strip. other than that the window works fine, but when you put it up it sounds like it goes too far and almost like it grinds back into place. i think the second noise could be it resetting on the weather strip, but im not sure. another side effect is a thick black rubber line on the glass. the line can be scratched off, but as soon as the window goes back up for a few days it sticks again and the line is back. im hoping it is not like a bent door or something, but im not sure. any ideas?
Common problem on 2G cars. Mine has been doing this for over 2 years now. i know it's been said that cleaning the window seal and the top edge of the glass will make it stop sticking at the top. As for the noise when it goes up, i read on here somewhere that someone had success in lubricating some moving part inside the door and it stopped making the noise. I decided it wasn't worth tearing my door apart... So mine does it to this day...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Same here, I think its the tracks in the door, binding up when opening,and closing!. That **** Sucks Ass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts