DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I own a 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE and I wanted to activate the DRL feature available on the Chrysler Intrepid (sold in Canada) Trouble is that I can’t find a module anywhere. Like anywhere. And even if I did find one I have no idea where it goes and how to connect it up. If someone who knows a downside more than me could provide me with some information, that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
It plugs into the Junction Block - see below. It's very awkward to get to remove and install. There's a retaining latch. Makes it almost impossible to remove the module once it is installed. Before installing it, break the latch off. The normal socket friction is more than enough to hold it in place without the latch.

Schematic Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for this information! So is this diagram of the fuse box that is located on the driver side of the dashboard inside the car? I’m trying to know where this is so I can put it in myself. Also if you know anywhere where I could get the module to put into the socket, that would be great as well.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
You're welcome.

Open the driver's door and pull the end cap off the dash. You should be able to take the figure and rotate it to the correct orientation and visually match things up to what you see. I think there's a crude diagram molded into the inside of thevend cap - not sure if it shows the DRL. But the sketch I posted should be all you need.

I don't believe the DRL came from the factory in any US vehicles (I could be wrong about that), but came on Canadian cars. You'd have to find someone who has one - don't lnow if anybody here is actively selling parts now. TGS (Terry) still shows up occassionally, and chances are he might have one - PM him.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
You might post in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum (Buy / Sell / Trade) but watch out for scammers who join just to respond and rip you off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're welcome.

Open the driver's door and pull the end cap off the dash. You should be able to take the figure and rotate it to the correct orientation and visually match things up to what you see. I think there's a crude diagram molded into the inside of thevend cap - not sure if it shows the DRL. But the sketch I posted should be all you need.

I don't believe the DRL came from the factory in any US vehicles (I could be wrong about that), but came on Canadian cars. You'd have to find someone who has one - don't lnow if anybody here is actively selling parts now. TGS (Terry) still shows up occassionally, and chances are he might have one - PM him.
You might post in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum (Buy / Sell / Trade) but watch out for scammers who join just to respond and rip you off.
Ok. DRLs we’re not mandated in the US but many cars of the time had them. I’ll have to send TGS Terry a message. Thanks again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome.

Also, quickly, would that part maybe end up on eBay or sites like that? And if so, which sites would you recomend?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
JordanS, Feel free to private message me with your address. You can have my last one. I'll just send it to you N/C. They are hard to find now; heck I went to the yard last week (Portland, Oregon) and there was 1 Trep, 1 300M and 3 LHSs. The module is a PITA to get out but pretty easy to pop back in. You just pull some of the relays out of your way, giving you room to pop the DRL into place.

--Terry

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
JordanS, Feel free to private message me with your address. You can have my last one. I'll just send it to you N/C. They are hard to find now; heck I went to the yard last week (Portland, Oregon) and there was 1 Trep, 1 300M and 3 LHSs. The module is a PITA to get out but pretty easy to pop back in. You just pull some of the relays out of your way, giving you room to pop the DRL into place.

--Terry
Hi Terry!

I told him also to cut the latches off of it befote installing it to make it easier to get out in case he needed to remove it in the future - and that it ain't gonna fall out without the latches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts