DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads car was being serviced and they gave him a nasty purple A6 with the 2.8 and tiptronic as a loaner car. I drove it, and you know what? My 1st gen 3.5 with 104K has a lot more torque kick than the thing, even when manually shifting gears. However......the audi gets to 60 a lot faster even though it doesnt feel like it. Overall, the car feels very solid and cool, and no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get the tires to peel out on dry surface. In my opinion, definitely NOT worth the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Next time, see if they have the bi-turbo model. I think you would be impressively surprised with that car. Or and S4 will do as well. I am writing this like you had a choice, oh well.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I dont think they would give the S6 as a loaner car, as for the S4............well, my dad has a 2001 Imola Yellow with the navigation system, that car is hella fun, but look at the price, sheeesh!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
But, I think the S4 is priced under the BMW M3 and the Mercedes C32 AMG. I would take one no doubt about it. It may not be as fast as the BMW or Merc but for the price and a few mods you could get it right up there without breaking the bank. I heard people re-chipping the computer to put out more boost and all sorts of things.

However, I don't know about your dad's ride, but I heard some people say Audi's have a bad track record for reliability. I am curious as to how your dad's is holding up.

Maybe I'll get into a German car someday if they are as reliable as my Chrysler cars are. :p

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, so far so good, no problems as of yet. he just brought the car in for regular service (oil change, yada yada), and they have the S6 as well as the S8 for 63,000 and 78,000 with 0 miles on the lot. the new eurotuner magazine has a yellow s4 on the cover that has 389 horse but goes to 60 as fast as a Carrera which aint much difference compared to a stock 5.9 time for the tiptronic s4. I however would dish out the money u would spend on the mods and go straight for a 540i with a 6-speed manual or an M5 if I was really really loaded. By the way, I read somewhere about a 782 horsepower M5 somewhere out of south africa :eek: that was supercharged!!! HOLY CRAPO !

·
Registered
890 Posts
Warlord187 said:

You're in one now! :D
Lol:tongue: :tongue:

He forgot about Daimler Chrysler.
As for audi not been relialbe, I had heard the samething too. But Mercedes are very very reliable. Those engines reach like 200,300 etc..etc.. they keep on racking in the miles.:wow: :wow: :wow:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, viprman's chrysler's are just chryslers, NOT DC. as for audi not being reliable, there are three major reasons for which they are known to be unreliable.
1. turbochaging puts on extra wear and tear on the engine and a lot of audis are turbocharged
2. for many years, audi had an uneven amount of cylinders which doesnt seem to be too good (audi and volvo with the 5 cylinders sucked for durability)
3. prior to the mid-80's, you did not have to apply the brake to shift out of park and this sometimes caused the cars to just go by themselves when put into park after driving (according to http://www.audiworld.com
I myself would take a bimmer if thinking of the german big three (audi, benz, and bimmer).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts