DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
Friday afternoon, I had the dual exhaust work performed on the Special.
The collector, and the crossflow mufflers were removed. The rear mufflers. and stock tips were kept.

:D

It sounds awesome....
At idle, you can notice a difference in the tone...more of a rumble. When you "goose" the gas pedal, it can get loud. That is due to the tips though, they are 3", and wide open with no resonator.

Inside the car, driving it...you hardly notice the increase in noise, unless you are hard into the accelerator. Then you hear it, and feel it. There is no resonance, but a gentle, low vibration that you feel in the seat of the pants. At WOT, you can hear it, but it is not annoying (inside) Outside the car, it is LOUD

They plumbed an h-pipe into the system just behind the transmission, off the downpipes from the catalytic converters. It is beautiful the way they plumbed it in, looks stock. I am hoping this is the only time I have to mess with the exhaust on this car. Other than replacing mufflers, that should be it.

When the stock mufflers go, I plan on getting Summit Racing Turbo Mufflers, and some sort of resonated tips. That should quiet it down, but for now...it is AWESOME

Performance wise, the car feels more alive. The crossflow design mufflers on our cars is where the bottleneck is in our exhaust systems. Remove that, and you will pick up flow, and HP. I don't feel like I lost any torque, and the top end acceleration is much improved. The car no longer struggles to hit 120+ (Friday night, I had her up to 125, and it got there with a hurried vengenance!!)

Looks wise, it looks 100% stock. The only thing you can see different is the fact that you can see the entire rear sway bar from a distance. The crossflow muffler blocked its view before.

I can't get any good pictures as my digital camera is dead.
My camera phone isn't good enough to get good pictures.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kcarlos2000 said:
Recharge those batteries and get us some pics. Can not make a post like that and then leave it to us to imagine what it looks like.....LOL
It isn't the batteries...it's the optics.
The coating on the lens has worn off, and all the pictures come out fuzzy!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
you use them SLR cams?.. I can't wait to see how it looks. how about some vids while your at it too?? I would hear how it sounds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts