DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of their own or someones dual exhaust setup. A good under body shot would be really appreciated too. I'm looking into an exhaust system with a good tone to it. Any ideas?
I asked some shops if duals could be done in my intrepid, and they said well not true(which I already knew)but they said that even the Y setup, where it splits to two couldnt be done.....not enough room for pipe to run over....
Any hints or ideas would be great....

·
Registered
560 Posts
from headers back....or split just behind the 3rd cat (if you want it legal, or dont want to spend money on other cats...there are 3 catalytic converts on the 3.5, one on each header and one where they meet = 3)
headers back, 2.5" pipe, dual pipes following the same path that the single would...
either two pipes side by side with a single flowmaster (or dynomax, borla...what have you) dual in, dual out muffler, both pipes exiting rear drivers side, old chevy blazer style.
or, dual pipes from headers back, running side by side, split to fit around the spare tire well, with a muffler per pipe (gas tank danger)... ideas, thats all...i hate fn' homework, need break

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have been thinking on what I really want for it. Its hard to decide. So many options I could pic. I wish I could run a dual exhaust setup. I'm going to ask some local shops on ideas if it could be done somehow. If not I will do what you said but I might modify it a bit.
Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey bro i just posted my pics in the show of section and it shows my dual exhaust. If you need more inforamtion just tell me and i will be happy to give you that information.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah wutang, I am curious on how you ran your 2 flows. Did you run them behind the spare tire well? or what?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you notice in increase in performance, I know there should be a totally diff sound now, I wish I could here a flowmaster 40 series on an intrepid to make sure thats what I want. Alot of people have said also that sometimes opening up the pipes reduces the back pressure causing a loss in torque, I def dont want that.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
If I went to dual exhause in my LHS I'd probably run both pipes out the left side of the car, since there is an indentation in the bumper there. I know that would make for more work routing the pipes, but cosmetically it would look better.

I think it would look funny (to me) if I had a pipe going out each side but only and indentation on the one side.

·
Registered
890 Posts
IT actually sound very awsome. It has like a loud v8 hotrod sound. Not a sound like those coca cola can exhaust. Those things look so ridicoulus :) :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: ;) :D :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i have a dual exhaust setup on mine. how they did it was they torched the muffler off about a foot behind it and welded in a "y". then they have 2 pipes welded onto that coming back about 2 feet and then bent at about a 120 degree angle. they are coming out the side in front of the back tire with chrome tips. the whole deal cost about $150. i love the sound. sure beats those ricers that sound like a pissed off bumble bee in a pop can :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts