DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds like the same questions just posed by mad txn, but I live in Germany, even though I am doing a 6 month tad assignment to OSAN AFB right now. In Germany, mufflers are hard to find for American Cars. What I need from you guys who have had duals installed is advice. My thoughts are to replace the two rear-ward mufflers with one flowmaster and run dual pipes, no mufflers from there. Will that be too loud? What are you suggestions for a guy who is approaching 40 and still loves to hear his engine purr. By the way, I drive over 100 mph every day and my tach barely hits 3k doing it. Your cooperation and specifications in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Brian, the Flowmaster Dual exhaust I installed on my 2000 R/T was just too loud. I had a resonator installed to help quiet it down and it was well worth it. In Germany where you tend to drive at higher speeds for longer amounts of time, the noise would probably be quite unbearable after a while.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I tend to run at near 3K all the time. Can you provide me with the stock number of your flowaster and the stock number of your resonator. I will have to have a friend stateside order and ship these for me, if they aren't easy to find online. Can you explain to me your muffler configuaration.

Brian

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try to get the 40 series muffler it is a lot quiter but it still has that deep throaty sound to it ecspcially if you remove your air restrictor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts