DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, The Flowmaster was just way too much noise for me...

I know I know...call me a wuss, I took it in, and they swapped it out for a DynoMAx Super Turbo, and I must say I am greatly impressed! still sounds agressive, except now I don't have interior rumble like I did with the flowmaster! w00h00! as much as i liked the tone of the flowmaster, interior noise was just way to much.

the best part is, After having it done almost 2 months ago, they still slapped it up on the rack, popped it in and gave me no crap about it...."no problem, we'll take care of ya.." and that they did.

i'll get a recording tomorrow of the new sound.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Definitely post it. I'd love to hear it. I'm considering an exhaust upgrade, but I don't want too much noise either.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then this is definately the setup to have. it's slightly louder than stock. a nice low purr even at high speed . at it's highest point, it's nowhere as loud as the flowmasters lowest point , it's amazing the difference.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I have the same in my R/T dynomax makes a nice muffler. I have to get above 3,000 rpm`s before it starts to get to loud in the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put on the flowmaster 80 series last week. and i think it's the best thing i did on the car so far, i love the noise, but then again we all have different taste. thats kool that they didn't bs you thrasher. is it still set up with the dual pipes?

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: Miami R/T ]

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, still a dual setup, they just swapped out the muffler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts