DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 ES 3.5 and i was wondeering if the duak exhaust would reduce power off the line and would I just be better off getting a flowmaster 40 instead of the duals

How much would a flowmaster 40 cost with installation and would it void my extended factory warranty?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
there are a couple older strands about this topic, you might want to refer to them about cost of the mufflers. duals wont reduce off the line power unless you run straights like i did :rolleyes: ....sure sounds sweet though :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have 2 dual flowmaster 40's they give you a little performance wise. and the sound is awsome sounds like a v8 cobra. but the bad thing is it will void youre warranty i woldnt mess with it you never know what happens to youre car so i would wait until the warranty is over

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Actually, I have dual exhaust planned for my car, I'm just not going to add those (IMO) ugly-ass angled-up VW Kraut/Rice tips to it. :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like wutang's setup, although the tips are a little extreme. Better looking than an LHS anyways. I think Wutang has the 3rd best looking car, behind Buschman (god that thing is just GORGEOUS) and Thrasher. Just my worthless two cents.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I wasn't critsizing his "set up" I was knocking the tips.

As for being the third best looking? Nope. There are a lot more cars ahead of him on this board. (Oh, and no, I don't mean me.)

·
Registered
560 Posts
i dont see how all this is helping knightintrepid...to each his own, right? ...hey wutang, are those resonator tips? wanna post a sound link?? id like to hear it...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
knighttrepid, if you go true duals straight off the cats then you're gonna be losing some serious power off the line. it's also gonna be furiously loud, especially at cruise. when i do my setup i'm gonna go with a setup like thrashers, except probably without the resonator he added to tone it down. his is a dynomax single-in/dual-out with a resonator on the system to tone it down. this is probably the simplest way to run duals since there is already a designed spot for the muffler back there.

as for whose car is prettiest on this site? 1st gen: buschman and mathwiz. 2nd gen: thrasher and dodint. after that it gets tough to pick.

·
Registered
432 Posts
FIRST: where is Bushman's pic of his car?
SECOND: ok kids no fighting please. I do have to admit that the set of tips on Wutangs car really looks TACKY, but the rest of the car is one of the best Intrepids that I have ever seen.
THIRD: Opening the exhaust too much will make the car lag, Come on guys, we do not have these fast sportscars. A nice single exhaust with nice dual tips should be good enough. NO RICER LOOK ALIKES ALLOWED :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Who are you to judge what is rice and what is not? And who are you to demand that its not allowed? But I'm not going to get into anything.

Buschman is in the intrepid pictures for the first gen, I think. It was IOM in October 2001 (the purty blue R/T with kick ass rims).

I agree with sport about the setup. I would get an 80 series and run dual pipes off of that. pimped is saying how his car is hesitant off the line since he did the duals right off the cats.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
In the aftermarket/car hobby world today it is a pretty widley held notion that exhaust tips such as those are considered "ricey."

Now, lets get a couple things straight.

1. I didn't intend to start a fight.

2. I mearly stated that those tips were not to MY liking, if Wu likes them, the more power to him. His car, he can do what he likes.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Rice? What's that? :D hahahahahahahaha
it's what you see in yer rearview mirror, right? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts