DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am also the proud owner of a 2000 Intrepid R/T with a vibrating muffler that is about to drive me crazy. I'm anxious to put duals on it and want it to sound healthier but don't want it to sound like my race car. I initially thought of using a Flowmaster muffler but I read somewhere a member tried a 3 chamber Flowmaster and had to change it out because it was too loud...I REALLY want to do this only once..Can anyone help? Thanks in advance..Dave

·
Registered
581 Posts
I hear the flowmaster 80s are a nice tradeoff between free flow and sound. Although I don't personally know. Somebody posted recently about another brand of exhaust that flows much more freely than flowmaster and is much quieter, barely over stock noise.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It is Tuesday morning here on Guam, so when I post things rememeber the time/date difference. I say this because ..... this morning I'm going to have a Magnaflow collector installed and a Dynomax muffler, eliminating the resonator completely. I personally don't care for duals on this car so I'm trying for a slightly better single set up. I'll try to remember the digital camera and let ya know how things work out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I just got back from the shop and my R/T sounds like an R/T again! They shop guy said not to replace the collector until we change the back part and if it sounds funky, THEN do the collector. Cool. So he hacked off the muffler and resonator, placed a Dynomax 17748 at the muffler location, ran a big old pipe to the back, saved and added my stock tip, and it sounds like a slightly louder R/T. With NO cabin sound or resonance! It is quiet inside and a nice sound outside. He did me right! Look is stock at the back too, except the muffler, oops resonator, isn't hanging down under the facia anymore.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Don Hardy said:
He did me right! Look is stock at the back too, except the muffler, oops resonator, isn't hanging down under the facia anymore.
nice!!! get some pics as soon as you can, I personally hate the way that big muffler/resonator looks hanging out by the bumper

this could be the exhaust mod I have been waiting for

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
POST SOUNDS AS SOON AS YOU CAN...THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE THING IVE BEEN WAITING FOR...I plan to put a 70's Cuda exhaust tip on it though. My stock tip sucks

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
He did me right!

I know its good to have a friendly guy at the shop, but thats a bit oo much for me, LOL.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Uhhhh, should I have said he "did me good" ? Come on guys, give this old geezer a break. Sounds? I have problems posting a photo, how do you expect me to do sound? There really isn't much to see since I kept the stock tip on it. I'll stick a photo here so you can sorta see it.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts