DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and wondering if anyone has gone with a K & N cone for each of the TB's on the 3.5? And is it even worth it? Cause thats a bunch of green to be unloading if it's going to not work, or screw up the engine. :eek:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The only problem with that kind of a setup is the heat generated and localized at the back of the engine compartment. That would actually put hotter air into the engine which would negate any rise in the efficiency of the two filters. The best way to do that is to make up a box for around both filters and put in some sort of hood scoops over each.

later

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Has anyone here sucessfully done it? I remember JuniorTT asking me about it, but I have a 3.3 motor so I didnt really know much about it.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Anyone ever think of moving the battery? I know that I have thought of moving it to the back of the car with my car amps, and running a 2 or 4 guage wire up to the solonoid (starter) where the battery normally runs.... open up a HUGE space on the driver side of the engine....

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Lafrad ]

·
Registered
169 Posts
the only problem is the ABS and brake controls next to the engine, they don't leave much room to run a pipe. I toyed with this idea a year ago, but realized that ram-air is probably the best method. Problem is making it look good.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
come on.... whats wrong with you. PERFORMANCE FIRST, then looks. :p

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lafrad is right, I think we would have a lot more room to run ducts up through the engine compartment of we moved the battery, and since I dont have ABS, hopefully there will be more room.....
But what would be the minnimum gauge wire we would have to run back there?? I have a 4 gauge running back there now for my stereo. Would that be enough, or would you have to go down to 2?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
for cold starts in the winter i'd want 2 gauge wire running my starter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts