DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question about powering DVC subs. Now for example: if I send 150 watts to both coils will that perform the same as sending 300 watts to one coil?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
gise1 said:
I've got a question about powering DVC subs. Now for example: if I send 150 watts to both coils will that perform the same as sending 300 watts to one coil?
I'm assuming you are asking if sending 150 watts to each voice coil on a dual voice coil sub will perform the same as sending 300 watts to a single voice coil sub?

I hope you are not asking if it would be the same as sending 300 watts to one voice coil on a dual voice coil sub. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Dual Voice Coil Question

Warlord187 said:

I'm assuming you are asking if sending 150 watts to each voice coil on a dual voice coil sub will perform the same as sending 300 watts to a single voice coil sub?

I hope you are not asking if it would be the same as sending 300 watts to one voice coil on a dual voice coil sub. :)
Why? you can't power only one coil on a dvc sub.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
no you must power both coils. the main reason for dual voice coils is so you can change the ohm rating. lets say you buy 2 subs, single voice coil, rated at 4 ohms, when you hook them together it presents 8 ohm rating, or 4 ohms each. if you buy dual 4 ohm voice coils you can wire the subs in paralelle(brain fart, I can't think of how to spell it right) it will give off 2 ohms each sub or if they are wired together it will present a 4 ohm load. hope this helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts