DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
21 - 40 of 237 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
jeffrey03 said:
Great looking car!! Was it hard to install the EVIC ???
Not really, I got it from Treppenwolf and he has it all set up as a kit. Instructions included. Pretty easy to follow too. If you can wire a light bulb, he gives you pictures and all you need.

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
Dodgaholic said:
From me :)

I bought them for the SE, but since we got another SXT, which had them stock, and the SE went bye, I has an extra set of chromies, which Doug was kind enough to take off my hands. They look right at home on his ride!
Kind enough??? I waited 3 months for them to come up for sale!!! I wanted them quite badly! :) I almost gave up and bought something else.

Thanks Ed and Inthetundra!!

kcarlos2000 said:
Good looking car especially those chrome handles.....LOL
Hmmm, I'll bet I know where he got them from! lol

Dudley, I think you might be part of the vast swirling vortex of LH vehicle parts which can be tracked via the kcarlos2000 Parts genealogy thread!

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
Keith, I can build you one and bring it to carlisle but It is simple as hell to build, a pain to install. (I dont fit in the trunk very well) I did not do progress pics as the basics can be seen in Great Whites sig page. I bought a quarter sheet of 3/4 MDF board for $7. Had the neighbor rip 5" off the side and cut that to 36" or so to fit up snug on the back side of the rear strut box. I used 1" by 1/4 by 20 bolts to mount the 5" back to the strut box. (plenty of room to reach in and attach the nuts and washers inside the strut box.)

I bought the 90 degree blind hindges at Home Depot for 3 bucks a pair. I used 3 pair, to mount the shelf to the back plate. There is a ridge (dont know what else to call it) on the underside of the trunk just before the opening gasket that you can drill into to hang (I used) 5/16 threaded rod (approx 6 inches long) nutted (again a place to reach into and put on nuts) to let them hang down so you can drill holes in the shelf (I drilled mine wrong the 1st time) and nut the all thread on the bottom. A little black paint and your done. (need to get some trunk carpet)
I used some heat shrink to cover up the all thread. (not shrunk yet) I will have to relocate the inside light though. I might want to go with neons on each side. Yeah!!! Thats the ticket!! :wow:

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Finally carpeted the amp deck and started getting an idea on the run for the new amp. The carpet makes it look like it belongs in there.

Painted the rotors center and the calipers. (love those rims Chet)

After detailing with Turtlewax Ice. (fell victime to the infomercial) :biglaugh: Out front in the driveway Not bad for a base model.....

Hey, looking better every day. I never realized you had a taupe interior too. I also didn't think those chrome handles would look good in my car, and passed on them. I guess the ones i have coming for the wifes car may not make it into the wifes car. Hell, I did just giver her a leather armrest, which I can't get! Yeah, chrome handles...oh, panels off...damplifier...mind spins out of control...

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Thanks Ed! I liked doing the calipers, and really like the look too!

Taupe??? Is that bad???
Now no cheatin on Mrs. Chet, Oh wait.... does she know she is supposed to get the handles?? well.....:icon_mi_1

Thanks, The car is starting to get looks when I drive it around. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Nooooo, taupe is goooood. Much friendlier, and warmer atmosphere. The dark interior is a little depressing to me.
She never knows when any mod is coming, regardless of who it's for.

Have you considered the front end swap yet? It's pretty easy, and you have the fogs then. I have a thread detailing when I did it on the SE I had.

Just trying to help you spend more money!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Thanks Pal, you always put a smile on my face. Yeah, I looked at it. Maybe next year. Tax return time...... unless your giving away free parts....... :D
Dodgaholic said:
Nooooo, taupe is goooood. Much friendlier, and warmer atmosphere. The dark interior is a little depressing to me.
She never knows when any mod is coming, regardless of who it's for.

Have you considered the front end swap yet? It's pretty easy, and you have the fogs then. I have a thread detailing when I did it on the SE I had.

Just trying to help you spend more money!

21 - 40 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.