DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I finally converted my son. His '93 Honda Del S** is outta here (may it burn it auto hell for eternity). It's been replaced with a '99 Dodge Durango SLT.

It's a nice truck, but I'd like to do a couple of things to it. For example: it has RKE but not SKIM. I'd like to add the SKIM, the factory fog lamps, and maybe an OTIS

Can't seem to find a board of di.net's quality for the Durango. Anybody have info sources?

TIA....;) ;)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The OTIS can be added. That's for sure, I've seen it done on Durangos. (I've done it on both Libertys and Intrepids). Follow the directions for the Intrepid install located in the "How To" section. You just need to find the Bus wire. (I'll see if I can find a schematic for you)

I'll try and find the schematic for the fog lights for you. I'll post when I have them. Same with the SKIM.

Can you let me know what engine trans combo he has? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Oldschool.....go to DAKOTAUSA.COM

It has the most information about Dakotas and Durangos. The how to on the Intrepid, will not help you with the install of an OTIS on a Durango, as they are very different. I tried this mod already in my G/F's Dakota. The otis from my Trep did not work in her Dakota. But like i said, check out the above website....tons of info and help. I go by the same screen name on the site. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I believe all the OTIS's in durango's and dakotas are like the older oned, that's all i saw at the yard John, and i think that's why your old one didn't work.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
My bad...I pulled up the schematics for the overhead console. It might be your year, because I'm almost positive the newer Durangos were interchangable (someone had said they put a Durango OTIS in a Liberty or Intrepid)

According to the schematics I pulled up...it uses a CCD Bus (were the Intrpid uses a PCI Bus) and has a seperate wire for the ambient temp sensor.

Either way, send me your email address and I'll email you the schematics. I have the wiring schematics for the console and the pinouts for the connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts