DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading around the southern side of I-270 on Wednesday around lunchtime - spotted a 2nd Gen SE coming the opposite direction... black, with black aftermarket rims. It *looked* great...

but...

as it neared/passed me going the other way, I saw smoke billowing from the underside! Ack! Wife claims it was black smoke, I believe it was more grey.

Dunno what its problem was - but clearly something wasn't right with that car. Probably a 2.7 in it's death-throes... LOL

Very sad to see such a clean looking Trep blowing smoke like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw one die right in front of me it was a red second gen intrepid SE. It was smoking a lot and something fell out from under it, a big long piece of metal, they turned on their hazard lights and coasted over to the side of the highway. Pretty sure the timing chain snapped.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i remember last summer a purple SE sat in the corner of a church parking lot for the longest time, more than likely with a blown 2.7. wasnt bad looking. had the steel wheels and hubcaps on it from the base model charger i assume. it disapeared one day in the fall.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
this is gone break your heart

they dont usualy lign up that many in a row.. usualy get some seabrings, 'cords, '300's etc inbetween.
not the thing i wanted to see first thing in the morning :glum:

·
Registered
103 Posts
MY EYES! We need a 'Save the Treps' movement! At the very least the engine(parts) and other usable components to ensure your current ride stays in good shape until the end of the world in (supposedly according to some) 12/21/12 or gas engines are outlawed and made a capitol crime...whichever comes first. Geez...The Syndrome transcends borders since I can feel The Bug creeping up as it is on the 62' Scout I got on Jan 1st. Sorry but can't afford the Trep Bug...

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
it gets depressing going parts hunting... mostly because i cant use hardly any of the parts, the ones i can are always gone before i get there...

all thoes treps.. not one good cupholder...

like the reverse of a car dealer...very sad indeed.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Reminds me of the 2.7L SE I helped do struts on the other day, motor knocked like a mofo, and the strut towers themselves (the underside) were rotted to all high hell. Even with new struts and strut mounts, rattled like a *****. Owner didn't seem to understand the issue at had. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts