DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my car has been acting very gayly...anywhere from the trunk not opening to the drivers side door not opening. now around 50% of the time when i brake, the e-brake light comes on and i hear a beep. i really dont understand whats going on, as i had new brakes put on back in january when i bought the car. any ideas guys, before i start beating my car profusely?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nvm, badasstrep figured it was my brake fluid, yet i just refilled it a good month ago. so i have a leak somewhere or another...admins, you can delete this thread.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Brake fluid has nothing to do with the E-brake as the E-brake is controlled by a manual lever. The E-brake is not hooked into the hydraulic system at all.

Brake fluid level will go down as you use your brakes because more of the brake fluid is stored behind the piston in the caliper in order to push out the piston farther because your brake pads get thinner. Is that a record for a run on sentence?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i realized that warlord, but i think dodge was just too lazy to make another code saying i needed more brake fluid...because it hasnt beeped or done the same thing since i filled her up. and i am ashamed :(.

·
Registered
982 Posts
LebanonsFinest said:
i realized that warlord, but i think dodge was just too lazy to make another code saying i needed more brake fluid...because it hasnt beeped or done the same thing since i filled her up. and i am ashamed :(.
Don't be ashamed.. If you actually had beaten your car profusely like you originally wanted to , when it was just trying to let you know it had a brake fluid leak to save you from that awful crash that happens when your brakes fail. Then you should have been ashamed!! :dogpuppy: And the drivers door not opening might keep you from driving it till you fix the brake leak ;)
PS the Ebrake light is also the brake warning light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts