DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a '97 Eagle Vision ESI 3.5L V6 with a blown head gasket. I am currently in the process of removing the heads but they dont seem to want to come off. I have the timing out and the cam sprockets out, the upper lower intake manifolds and valve covers off, all 8 head bolts in each head are out but the suckers still dont budge. My question is do i have to completely take out the back of the timing case for the heads to come out or am I missing something? I tried to search this site for a how to but came up empty, if one already exists could someone please point me in that direction. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ronbo. That guide appears to show the 3.3L I havent looked too closely at it, been kinda busy with school and work and the tornado we just had come through yesterday. I did at a glance see the cylinder heads have a 9th bolt I was unaware of. will definatly have to look closer to see if my 3.5L has a bolt i missed.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
That manual covers the 3.5L also. Open the Engine section tabs and it's listed.

Should be 8 bolts per head according to the torque sequence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I had just seen that. got a chance to look closer at it on lunch break at school. This little manual is pretty handy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would appear i was missing something by the way. I overlooked or "brain farted" the cylinder heads were bolted to the exhaust manifold. Explains why they wouldnt budge. lol.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Yep....they're not held on with "Magnets"!

Reactions: tgs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts