DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Maria, i am searching for a car but being 17 its hard to find something you like, and can afford. I passed a 4-sale Eagle, stopped and looked at it. Love it! Well my boyfriend called and spoke with the owner. He is selling it for only $400. There is something wrong with the wiring. Or the dis. cap. Have you guys ever heard of these problems, are they common and affordably fixable? thanks for any advise you have. Maybe i'll be an Eagle owner soon.
-Maria

·
Registered
42 Posts
You need to find out more info. For oe, there is no distributor cap. Wiring problems could be minor or major. Does it run? Do the key on, off, on, off, on to see the codes

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with weffy. Need to take to dealer and get an estimate.

I love my Eagle. In my opinion the main things to look out for are the A/C and the transmission. And you need to drive it to determine if they are operating correctly.

·
9,861 Posts
Do a code check on it.

These cars are distributorless. The ECU fires 3 coil packs directly. 1 coil per 2 cyls.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My guess is the transmission. Common prob at around 100K miles. Fixable too for around $1500 or so depending on where you go, cheaper if your boyfriend pulls it out and takes it somewhere to be rebuilt. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts