DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My 1993 Vision is acting up... without warning, all the windows stopped working, along with the heater/AC fan and the rear window defogger. I pulled and examined all fuses, etc... disconnected the battery for 20 minutes... and still the problem persists.

How's this for *weird*... with the key out, the elec door-locks will operate up and down... once the key is inserted into the ignition (not turned) the locks work UP, but not DOWN...

Anyone have some clues...?????

Thanks so much...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know... the ignitions switch 'works', as in it starts the car, etc..
The car was 'fine', turned it off at the store, when I returned the condition started...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ignition switch is the problem, I had the exact same problem with my intrepid. And the door wont lock with the button with the key in the ignition because its designed that way so you don't lock your keys in the car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
fixer said:
How's this for *weird*... with the key out, the elec door-locks will operate up and down... once the key is inserted into the ignition (not turned) the locks work UP, but not DOWN...
This is NORMAL operation. The doors will NOT lock with the key in the ignition. It's a safety feature to help prevent stupid people from locking their keys in the car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts