DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There i was blasting some Roger Waters on the finaly tuned-perfect stereo, on my way home from a Labor day picnic, doing about 78 or so in the passing lane when I see a red mid 80's Firechicken jump onto the highway cutting through lanes left and right. I let gomer on his way didn't even think of bothering with him. About 2 miles down the highway, I am still in visual contact of the F-Bird, when I see two sets of bluish headlights barreling down behind me at a pretty high rate of speed. I pull into the center lane and pair of riced out BMWs (cant tell those things apart other than the z3 had NO idea what models they were). As they move down the highway my foot starts to get ichy....

Well, Claus and Dieter beging to mess with Gomer trying to egg him on in some kind of confintation of sorts, and he responds with one of the most pathetic atempts at accelleration I have even seen and gets his ass handed to him by the bimmers...

Just then a little voice pops into my head, "Come on you take take those punks" at the same time I have been super paranoid of cops that night they were all over the highway all weekend. Put the voice persists... I pop the eagle into 3, mash the pedal to the floor, and she just leaps forward like never before, like a predator moving in on a kill :). I get right up on Bimmer boy number 1 ones rear bumper, he begins to try to pull away, but isnt able to even gain an inch, in fact the eagle is moving in closer...

I politely signal my turn and pass dieter on the right, glance over to a stunned looking driver, while his buddy claus is trying to play catch-up along with gomer in his f-body.
I leave them all about 10 car lenghts back, I then begin to let of the gas as we have arrived at the interchange i need to get off..

Dieter does the driveby giving the usual salute, claus passes by uneventfully, and Gomer drives by at a normal speed, sticks his hand out the window and gives a thumbs up.

Mmmmm Fried German Rice...

Honestly though, what were these cars? They were both four door sedans, typical BMW style, not super large, definetly smaller than the Eagle.. Must have been 4 bangers..

Im convinced the F-Bird was a 2.8 or maybe a 305 as both these motors suck in that car.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Great kill I wish I could of seen their faces when you passed them. It must of been a BMW Weekend. I was going to work this last friday. On the HWY 94 to Rogers MN. I saw a Viper GTS ahead of me. I step on it to catch it. It had hennesy 650 nameplates on the front fenders. And just ahead of it was a deck out BMW. The Viper pulled out to side of the BMW. And they both took off. The viper wasted the BMW big time. It was fun to watch.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hwy 94 RULES! We should all take our treps an take 94 over. we all aint far away.. and I think you folks up in canada can catch it too... right in detroit. wouldn't that be a sigh to see 300 'treps traveling down the hwy...

:)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
WildCat, A most excellent kill! And very well wrote :) Dieter & Clause! :) LOL....

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Snow! Dont depress me...

:(

·
Registered
502 Posts
As for the Hennessy vipers...yeah...no matter what car you have, you just don't mess with a Hennessey-tampered-with Viper.

But..but...

No...simply no.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Warlord Shut up! :) I wish I lived in Cali!!! :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
As for the Hennessy vipers...yeah...no matter what car you have, you just don't mess with a Hennessey-tampered-with Viper.

But..but...

No...simply no.
I betcha if I took a riced out Civic and slapped on some MORE NOS stickers and ****, I could beat a Hennessey Viper!!! (can you detect the sarcasm?) hehehe :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Si:
Warlord Shut up! :) I wish I lived in Cali!!! :)
Ah Cali... Where gas prices are really high and power outages are plenty. :)

Personally, I like it here in Michigan. I like the change of seasons. I wish I was still living on the west siiiiiiiiiiiiide. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hehehe.. I like only Spring and Summer, the rest suck and you can keep`em :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
if they were 3 series beemers, they might have had the 2.5l 6's. They put out 190hp... not sure of the torque. They get on it kinda nicely (my friend had one), but definately not a match for a 3.5 lh. well... they also have 1.8's, and 2.3's... I dunno the numbers on those. I do not like beemers. I was reading in motor-trend and there was a "5.0" beamer with upwards of 450 hp or so. What I don't get is that most of the time, they round to the nearest liter using the rule: less than 5 goes down, 5 and up goes up. The so called "5.0" liter in that is really 4941cc. Wouldn't that make it a 4.9L? still, thats a lot of power and I wouldn't mind taking it for a test drive, but at $120,000, I'd rather have a viper :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hey. not many can top the gas prices here in wisconsin. eek.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts