DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive been contacting some people. figured i would throw up a thread. i live in the lehigh vally area of PA and want to put together a little mini meet for people in the area. if you are in the area or are willing to make a 2 hour drive dont wanna put anyone thru alot of trouble of comming for a few hours. let me know we will work on details the meet would be in the Allentown/Bethlehem area

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
1. Fullmoon97 (dan)
2. Crg616 (craig)

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, there are grilles at the place i want to do this. when you come bring a picnic lunch with your favorite meats and hot dogs. as well as charcoal. if you want bring enough for others if not that is ok. i would recommend a grill brush too

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
1. Fullmoon97 (Dan)
2. Crg616 (Craig)
3. Manlixer (Den)

·
Registered
269 Posts
ok ive been contacting some people. figured i would throw up a thread. i live in the lehigh vally area of PA and want to put together a little mini meet for people in the area. if you are in the area or are willing to make a 2 hour drive dont wanna put anyone thru alot of trouble of comming for a few hours. let me know we will work on details the meet would be in the Allentown/Bethlehem area
I would love to come, but I'm only on a permit right now and won't get my license until I turn 17 in June. I hate Jersey so much! DMV is closed on my 17th birthday, so I'll be good to go on June 14th or later.

I would love to meet some of my Intrepid-owning brethren (sounded better before i typed it, hah!) but for me it will definitely have to wait until summer.

From where I live, Allentown is about 2 hours down 78. If you want to have another meet over the summer sometime I'm definitely in.

Just so I know, am I dealing with a teen like myself or people who are a bit older? Odd question, I know; but I just want to try to get to know as many people as possible on this site before I go meeting anyone. I'm 16, will be 17 on june 13th, and will have my license on the 14th. I don't want to feel "out of place" if I'm the youngest one there. :cool2:

I'm definitely interested in a meet as long as its in the summer.

reply here or send me a message with info.

Thanks,
Mike in NJ

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
There are different age groups on this site. if you go to this meet you will most likely be the youngest person there but not by much.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am 19 will be 20 in april. CRG161 is i believe 20 as far as a summer meet idk might depend on how this one goes. you could always go to carlisle but its a longer drive for you.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
I'm an oldish fart, but Squilliam~ I mean Will (WLB136) is just aboot 21.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I'm 20. That permit thing you are on, does it let you drive as long as someone else is with you? I think I remember it being that way here in Delaware.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm 20. That permit thing you are on, does it let you drive as long as someone else is with you? I think I remember it being that way here in Delaware.
It does, but it has to be a New Jersey Licensed driver over the age of 21, a blood relative, and they have to have had their license for three or more years. New Jersey has gotten much more strict with their licenses and permits.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
hey fred you have any interest in coming?
Yes I would, but I recently was displaced from my weekends off at work by a higher seniority employee and currently have Tuesday/Wednesday off.
I'm hoping that within a month or two that I can get back to Saturday/Sunday off again.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I would, but I recently was displaced from my weekends off at work by a higher seniority employee and currently have Tuesday/Wednesday off.
I'm hoping that within a month or two that I can get back to Saturday/Sunday off again.
if u can come that would be great would be nice to see a Mod there. if you cant it is understandable

·
Registered
550 Posts
I may be interested in coming provided I can get off of work that day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Alright, so I'd be the youngest there if I went. Only about 3-4 years of a difference. Not too bad.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some people with the same interests in Intrepids as I have. People around here frown upon good (American) cars. They also frown upon good stereos. I have a $900 Pioneer Head Unit in my car (Premier DEH-P940MP). It's about 8 years old. It's better than a lot of the cheap crap I see in stores and on the market today. It just goes to prove you get what you pay for. Mine at least has 18 FM presets, 6 AM presets, CD player (CD Changer compatible, but why? iPods were invented for a reason) XM, Sirius, iPod, RCA in. Gotta love Pioneer's Digital IP-Bus, expandable to almost anything you want.

I may be changing out my amps and adding speakers (maybe two more 6x9's under the rear deck cover and two more 6.5's in or near the front doors. Right now I have great sound quality and very good volume, but I want it louder. Three reasons behind this: 1) have the loudest stereo on campus and not compromise sound quality (which will also impress my friends even more), 2) blast apart anyone who pulls up next to me blasting some obnoxious music (happens a lot here), and 3) i like loud-ish music.

When I get home today I'll be pulling out my back deck to see where I can put this second set of 6x9's and still maintain the stock look. The reason I want to keep the stock look is because my car is a "police" car and has to pass as such. No police car has cutouts in the deck for speakers.

Quick question, if anyone is able to answer this, which should I choose for my rear speakers: coaxial or component? I could probably get away with coaxial for the rear, right? I recently discovered that I'm starting to lose the surrounds on all my speakers and the voice coils are starting to go =[ I'll need to replace them soon and I want to have the BEST audio in my car.

For those of you who may know about my [former] plan to put speakers into the rear doors, I've scrapped that idea completely. It's pointless.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol dont mean to be a pain but could you post that question in your own thread. thats alot to answer in this thread and others might have better advice so post it on a more public thread please. and as far as meeting people im excited as well im kinda nervous at the same time wanna make it right so everyone will be happy. but i have no money to prepare anything thats why i said bring something to eat

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.