DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the deal isnt bad in fact its pretty good. "new" headlights alone wil be around $200 or so. HIDs hoping they'll last 3000hrs is around $200+.

BTW dont go with 8000k HID see if they can exchange for 6000k or lower (more brighter) i had 8000k it was crap.

·
Registered
702 Posts
SHAUN said:
the deal isnt bad in fact its pretty good. "new" headlights alone wil be around $200 or so. HIDs hoping they'll last 3000hrs is around $200+.

BTW dont go with 8000k HID see if they can exchange for 6000k or lower (more brighter) i had 8000k it was crap.
I already emailed them to see, because I'm getting these lights, but they will only do 8000k. In light of that, I'm opting to go with the headlights only for now, and do my own HID kit later.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gman2000R/T said:
I already emailed them to see, because I'm getting these lights, but they will only do 8000k. In light of that, I'm opting to go with the headlights only for now, and do my own HID kit later.
whats the price difference if u were to get just the headlamps apose to getting it w the HID kit?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mopar Dewd said:
how much do the HID Kits go for, and whats involved in that?
good quality HID will go for 400-600USD. essentially all HID kits now are plug n play. u just have to find a spot to mount the ballast in the engine bay thats all.

as i say in all HID posts " once u go HIDs u wont go back to halogens"

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
used OEM hid setup (ie hella ballasts) will cost about 250$ shipped USD...

however thats with d2s bulbs. so about 200$ for ballasts and 100$ for rebased bulbs. 300$ for a decent 9006 setup that will last the rated 2000 hrs.

DO NOT BUY KITS>>> THEY ARE CRAP... k now thats done ... look for a denso ballasts setup or hella ballast (not clone hella).

The bulbs have to be philips/osram otherwise they dont last. Our headlights take hid very well so we are lucky that we can use rebased 9006 d2s/d2r bulbs.

This is a good seller for this kinda stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Denso-HID-kit-w-9006-Rebased-D2S-D2R-bulbs-Xenon-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ019QQitemZ8076924833QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

BTW for those who know this.... the guy has some ghetto pics in his ebay page... those cars are acura TSX with stock hid projectors... HId pnp will never come close to a projector cutoff LOL... he had integras in the pic before.
(hence integra9006hid)

Anyways still a very reliable setup at a decent price and shipping

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've had an 8000k kit for quite a while now, and couldn't be happier actually. So what you say about kits being 'crap', and 8000k being lousy......I'm gonna argue against both points. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
k,

avenger not all kits are bad (unreliable) but most are, in fact i havent seen a good kit yet... something goes bulbs/ballasts. Plus its hard to know this beforehand, i suggest going with an oem setup because it takes the worry out of kits.

About running 8000k, its not an opinion, its a fact. 8000k is dimmer than 6000k which is dimmer than 4300k(4100K).

I have 4300k, we have to compare sometime LOL...

ebay pages stating junk like this are just not true.. 8000k has 3600lm LOL..ya right.

Normal Halogen //Bulb HID Conversion Kit
Wattage (W) 50 /35
Lumens (Lm) 1330 /3600
Life Expectancy 350 hours /2000+ hours
Efficiency (Lm/W) 15 /100
Irradiation Color Lighter White Diamond-White
Color Temperature (K) 2400 /8000

I dont remember the exact values for the higher temps since i would never recommend them to anyone.

I know 4300k has 3200lm in d2s format
6000k has 2800 (Philips) lm or 2600 lm (aftermarket)
8000 k has 2200 lm (only aftermarket) no oem bulb are available.
10000k has 2000 lm (only aftermarket) no oem bulb are available.

So i guess its all about preference, i would rather have more usable light and 4300k has a ton of colour vs halogen.

If you have some time over the summer we can do some side by side pics for di.net.

I hope to get the TL done by then too... but we'll compare HId in reflector to keep it fair.

Those are all the facts... higher temp = less light

Good luck guys...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
all d2rs..... HEHE..... in reflectors that is...

If i have my projector set ill bring those along too ... to compare to the 300m special.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
SHAUN said:
I want in on this too. we can have 4300k, 6000k, and 8000k comparison
Shaun,

When u compared ur trep to the first gen TL.. those were aged bulbs on the TL right???

Cause ive seen a lot of those cars going around with pink osrams. I think the intrepid headlights are narrower so thats why ours seem brighter, therefore a trep vs trep at different temperatures would be more appropriate.

WE have to use a tripod cam or something to get the wide shot.(thats if glare doesnt cause any problems HEHE)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
linuxglobal said:
all d2rs..... HEHE..... in reflectors that is...

If i have my projector set ill bring those along too ... to compare to the 300m special.
300M special HIDs arnt that great. there not bright like the BMWs or acuras. there more yellow on the ground compared to BMWs etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts