DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought one of these bumpers off of Ebay? They come prepainted for $159.95...But I am a little bit worried about the quality of the paint and the work, especially buying through Ebay.

EBAY ITEM

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Sdwndr said:
But I am a little bit worried about the quality of the paint and the work, especially buying through Ebay.
My rule of thumb is: No picture in the auction?... I do not bid. Regardless of whether or not it's a good deal.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Re: Re: Ebay Front Bumper Covers

crombie said:
My rule of thumb is: No picture in the auction?... I do not bid. Regardless of whether or not it's a good deal.
Yeah, I'd stear clear of this guy. If the price is too good to be true, it usually is.

·
Registered
724 Posts
i read through a lot of his feedback, most people say he's good, but he takes awhile to ship from most of his negatives/neutrals

some of his other feedbacks say that it's not an OEM part, but OEM style (don't make much sense to me?)

·
Registered
113 Posts
OEM Style = Aftermarket part, usually made in Taiwan.. I've used some of these type parts (not from this seller) mostly front sheetmetal for an Acclaim once and a full-sized Bronco another time.. they usually fit OK, but in other instances had to modify (slot holes with a rattail file) to achieve proper fit. one thing I have learned , is any chromed pieces (plastic or metal) the quality of the chrome usually sucks, and they look like crap after being exposed to the elements sometimes in as little as 6 months..

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
"Buy it now" for $90? That seems kinda low to me. Gotta wonder how close of a match it will be to you paint, and also, what quality paint are you looking at?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts