DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
i just bought that, it will take some modification to install on a 3.3L, since it doesn't come with a full lenght intake you need to use your old accordian tube with it, you will need to find a way to prop the filter up, since its attached to the accordian tube it will lay down, but aside from that its not a bad deal, for Canadians be aware that they will only accept a money order, as there paypal only accepts registered american accounts. And shipping will take a while. took mine 2.5 weeks to get here. On the positive side, it sounds good, and is a awesome performance mod, you will notice a noticable increase in power, and throtle responce. I would recommmen this, but be ware you will need some knowledge when installing it.

P.S. it will come packed in foam pieces, so when you put it on make sure that are no pieces in the filter, i looked in mine and there was a piece of foam stuck in it, and that would have mad a mess of my motor!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks kick ass to me. I'm thinking about it now.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have one for me grand prix. its awesome. BUT the chrome trube Polished aluminum well mine had alot of filing in it watch for that...
looks better than abs heeh

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
all this guy is selling is an imitation K&N filter with a small length of pipe and a rubber connector

personally I think you are throwing your money away if you spend $30 on this

you can get a REAL K&N for $30 and make your own setup superior to this in many ways

·
9,861 Posts
It's a short piece of 3" pipe and a $10 cone filter. Real custom.

With your air filter so close to the engine, heat soak will be an issue. I should know. Not to mention cheap cone filters suck ass.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
intake

Actually if you can show me where to find a cone filter in canada knN ill let you buy it for me. Joe.theyre close to 75 for a decent kN
Theres no reason why you can t add something to this intake to move it from the engine also. I have sent you numerous messages regarding intake questions. when you dont answer back i have to look for others. plus 30 $ or 200 plus shipping whats more feasible....As for cheap imotations well you gotta do what ya gotta do....

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
keith, check out vibrant performance, they make aluminum mandrel bends in sizes from 2" up to 4", and you can get one 45 degree bend for about $25, its 15" long and puts the filter a good distance from the engine, and you can get one of their filters for about $20 as well, and you get a nice piece of mandrel bent aluminum, all you need is one piece of silicone to connect to the throttle body piece, and you can get that anywhere, just get a 4 to 3 reducer piece or if you get a 4" tube, you can just get a 4-4 sleeve
here is one i made for a ram without the filter

sorry about the crappy pics

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot...
I have seen something similar.
yours is about 145 in canadain dollars at performance improvments up here. exchange....suckss......

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I was just checking out the Vibrant web site, wouldn't the civic intake fit a 3.3L engine? I do remember seeing that in quite a number of posts.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
yes, it just needs a bit of a cut i believe...and the intake retails for 61.95, but most places should have it for about $52 to $55
edit: in case you haven't noticed, i'm a staunch supporter of Vibrant, i think their parts are great, and they have really nice employees working for them, and are wonderful at PR

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Ok so which year civic should be used? Got to get the candy blue.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks Irishred from me and all of us at DI.NET

1 - 19 of 19 Posts