DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I recently bought a pair of headlights on ebay via (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271164821009?item=271164821009&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1120&vxp=mtr).

Aside from the crimps I have everything I need except on these they have a rubber grommet and on the Xenon they came with a smaller Grommet. From what I can see these need to have that Grommet to keep dust and everything else out.. The only way to use the existing one would be to cut it open to slide the wiring and bulb through forcing me to use some sort of sealant on it.

has anyone else bought these? I've sent them a message already but they're closed for the night.. anxious to get these on the car but not going to rush and end up cutting their lives in half.

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
They look just like the ones I purchased.

I cut the grommet, and fed the wires in myself. If you put them EXACTLY as the original wires were, no sealant involved. If you use sealant that'd probably be the safer option. I've had mine for a year, no problems though, so it's all mixed opinions at this point.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,481 Posts
Hmmm. I'm in the market for a new set of headlights and will keep up notice with this thread for info...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts