DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
HOly hell, and I thought the 3.5 was quick!

A blown 440.... WOW!

I wonder if the stock instuments and A/C work? LOL!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It would be much more impressive if the engine was actualy connected to something. It seems like he spent too much time building up the 440 and forgot that he still had to find a way to make it work in the trep.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
It would be much more impressive if the engine was actualy connected to something. It seems like he spent too much time building up the 440 and forgot that he still had to find a way to make it work in the trep.
haha, yeah very true. As he makes it a point that the auction is for the motor and the car is free. So pretty much the car is one very nice engine stand.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Notice how he cut thru the crossmember where the raditor used to be. It doesnot look like there is room for a raditor now, and it would need to be one big raditor with a 440.

The trep is indeed a very nice engine stand.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i was gonna say poor SE. I wonder why he didnt use a rear wheel drive car to make it easier for him like an old impala SS or old mustang, monte carlo... so many other choices. At least he would have a RWD tranny and v8 room to play around with, prob excess room for a heavy duty cooling rad and condenser for the A/C hehe... Then there's engine stands that are for sale as well LOL... if he wants to work on the engine first.

The trep was a poor choice, the 3.5 is packed in there, no wonder he had to cut the hood and it still sticks out like a sore thumb. I still wonder how that engine fits in there, probably no room to add in the tranny unless it takes up the rear seat and passenger, you would have the shifter in your lap or on the roof. i think the engine is way too high. There was a nicer project a while back with a rwd tranny, it was messed up too but it was all hidden. The rear wheels didnt have any shock absorbers i think but otherwise it looked just like an intrepid.

All of these homebrew engineers seem to start something crazy and then just give up bcs "they dont have time", "moving away", "getting married" which is simply BS. If they wanted it bad enough they could take it with them. Just my 2 cents on these poor cars.

BTW whats with the moter thing? He seems to use it all the time, is it the name of this motor?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
LUCAS said:
I cant believe someone would F up an TREP like that, it looks like crap and people are actually bidding on it...
Its ebay, anything will sell. Maybe they are trep enthusiasts LOL. After running into snowmen, rich kids have to do something else with mommies SE.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I bet If He Got it to Work It Would Be one Quick Trep! An Intrepid Muscle Car, Who'da Thought? It would Be a Nice Parts Car, and You could Do somethin' Else With the Engine. I have a 64' Impala it Might fit in. :) I bet Hes got the Reserve Set High though.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The blower alone is worth the $3000.

It's too bad it's so far away. I have the perfect place for that Supercharged big block Moapr.

Bought this 69 Coronet over 8 years ago. Took it apart and painted the entire car. Including the floors, engine compartment and truck. Replace all the less than perfect glass but the project came to a halt when I purchased my house.
Hope to get back to project Super Bee when I finish off some home projects.

·
Registered
176 Posts
And to think I just sold a prefectly good 440 (ok...it needed some work). As for spelling, I guess moter is easier to spell than ingen hehehe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts