DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new here, but need information , I had a check engine light came on and the code I pulled was P0508 Idle Air Control System Circuit Low. The car starts, revs to 2200 then comes back down to 1000 till it warms up about 20 minutes or so then it just stalls and the check engine light comes back on, will not idle after restart, just wants to stall. I have removed the TB and cleaned it, along with testing the IAC motor and the ohms are within spec. 9.7 +/- 1.0 ohm. I was told it needs a New computer by the dealer, at $1000, I need a more economical solution, I live in Ontario. So I am looking for a "aftermarket supplier" for the ECM, any help would be appreciated.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid SXT
3.5 HO Vin.# 2C3HH56G64H678271
ECM # P05114082AA
With GREY Sentry Key

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
The experts will chime in before long but I'll throw out my 2 cents worth.

If it truly does require a new ECM you can get one from any LH without the sentry key from 2002-2004 models. I can get them for $40 from the local u-pull-it. You can also find them on Ebay for about that price also.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Does your car have a Sentry Key? Apparently many Canadian SE cars came with it. Not many SE cars in the USA have Sentry. The ignition key will have a gray plastic cover if it's Sentry, black plastic if it's not. If your car doesn't have sentry then then it's like Micholob stated above but I'll add you should get one from the same trim level car. In your case another SE. That way the PCM will be programmed for the 2.7L engine and the programmed transmission gearing will be correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Micholob, and yes it has the Sentry Key (Grey) but I still need the ECM that will be programmed for the 3.5 HO motor and auto tranny, even if it has not got the Sentry Key, I assume that would not be a problem ? So Ronbo, will it be ok to use a SE computer that came from another SE of the same year and trim level ? I have never done a ECM swap out, so not sure what can be substituted in its place, as far as the Sentry Key, if its not required then no big deal, I am sure I can live without it.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Your SE came with a 3.5L from the factory? I see you have the "G" highlighted in your VIN that indicates a 3.5L now. It's not an SXT instead of an SE?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
That complicates things. You can buy a used PCM but you'd need to find a dealer that would program the VIN and SKIM PIN into it. Many dealers don't want to do that. Have you discussed that option with the dealer you've had troubleshoot this?

There's one or two places here in the USA that sell "refurbished" PCMs that supposed will have the VIN programmed into it but I haven't seen reports of anyone with a SKIM equipped vehicle buying one and have it work successfully. All the ones I've seen are non-SKIM cars that worked.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
There's a guy in Whitby(spelling) that might be close to you. His name is Ross and goes by the screen name Torontofirecaptain on here. He doesn't post much or monitor the forum. Do a search under that name and look for a post with alternate contact info. Otherwise make a post asking for his contact info and someone should respond to let you know how to contact him.
He has a DRB III tool for programming and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a PCM in stock he could sell you at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank-you very much for the information about Ross, will search him and see if I can get in contact with him. I will let you know ok.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
look up paintballdude also,, he usually can get a hold of Ross,, or may have what you need,, hes a good guy

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
What part of Ontario are you in? You won't be able to get rid of the Sentry key system without a BCM swap. If you do that, your odometer reading will be off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello paintballdude05 I am in Chatham, ON about 3 hours from Hamilton ON, thanks for the email address

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
What part of Ontario are you in? You won't be able to get rid of the Sentry key system without a BCM swap. If you do that, your odometer reading will be off.
you can usually find one pretty close to the original reading... if you lose a few thousand, well... Hey, just don't tell anyone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So Micholob that means then if I can find one from the same year, same SXT, then the Security Key will work with it or does it still have to be re-flashed for the key to work, I would think it would have to be re-flashed with my Security Key information.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If you have the sentry key, (which you say you do) you have a couple options:

1. Spend hundreds of dollars and get raped by the stealership

2. Be a Guinea pig and try the reman unit from Ebay for a couple hundred (btw I've used them before with good results on a neighbors dodge pick-up)

3. Get one of the members to program you a used one for a fair price.

4. Get a BCM and ECM from a donor car from a non-sentry 02-04 model. Try to get one with about the same mileage (shouldn't be hard, you can mix and match donor cars too) This should run about $100. Pretty easy to install yourself too. If you can operate a screwdriver you can do this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts