DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swaped a 3.5l into my 2002 se. I did not change my ecu, and i have an engine light prompting error codes about engine running lean i dont remeber the actual codes, but i had my 02 sensors replaced by sts, it was fine for a day enough for me to pass inspection luckily but now its prompting engine codes P0132 and P0152 something about the o2 sensors maintaing low voltage, my gas mile blows. I was reading one special m's thread about how he had the same exact problem and he replaced his universal o2's with mopar ones. I was thinking it was my ecu but after what hat happened to him, im thinking that sts just used universal sensors that wont work with the car, if i order mopar sensors are they all the same, if not do i get 3.5l engine sensors or march them to my 2.7l ecu?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
88pdance said:
I would think a 2.7 pcm would run lean on a 3.5 engine. The sensors are the same so i would say you need a pcm.
I'd suspect the O2 sensors more than the ECU. I'm using a 2.7 ECU on my 3.2 swap, and haven't had any lean-out ..
Others here will concur who've done the 2.7/3.5 swap..

·
Registered
89 Posts
just seems like such a large difference in displacement that the computer may not be able to compensate for it, but I dunno

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,675 Posts
The ecu will compensate for differences in the engines. Mine has ran great with the 2.7 ecu for 10k miles now also. Have someone thoroughly check the catalytic converters, emission systems, injectors, and o2 sensor system before condemning the ecu.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it sound right that sts would put universal sensors in my car casuing the problem rather than mopar sensors.?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,675 Posts
I would check with them and see what they put in. Its very likely they put universals in, as they are about 1/2 the cost of the Mopar ones.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were about 300 bucks for 2 sesors and the installs. if he put the wrong ones in do you think he would give me my money back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts