DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where the ECU is located on a 300M?
I just bought a 3.5 motor out of one & I want to make sure I get that to match my motor.
Thank You
Rich.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It is in the driver side engine bay in the corner at the front of the car. Depending on the model,(I'm assuming 2000 from one of your other posts) there are 2 different units. The one closest to the bumper is the TCM and the one right behind it is the ECU. They are located under or near a fluid filling resevior.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ECU location

Thank you, for the info. I did not take any chances on not getting everything I would need for this swap, so I bought the whole front clip. The area just in front of the ECU & TCM was damaged, but it looks as if the items I need was just pushed back a little.

Update well I found them, but they were smashed so I had to use my old ones for now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
blurred10 said:
It is in the driver side engine bay in the corner at the front of the car. Depending on the model,(I'm assuming 2000 from one of your other posts) there are 2 different units. The one closest to the bumper is the TCM and the one right behind it is the ECU. They are located under or near a fluid filling resevior.

i know im bringing up old post but the ECM and TCM are under a fluid reservoir? what part of water and computers dont go together :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
IntrepidCUB said:
i know im bringing up old post but the ECM and TCM are under a fluid reservoir? what part of water and computers dont go together :)

They are sealed units, virtually impossible to get water into them without being subjected to other, probably more fatal damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts