DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Despite all the migraine headaches Charlene has caused you aside from transmission and battery mostly everthing else has been in the $20-30 range. A lot easier than forking out 300-400 and still having the same problem.

I'd love to get my hands on a nice 84-86 5th Ave with low mileage.

Exactly! I'll happily do this, rather than that new car payment any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Ed-Doba....what are those two boxes mounted to the firewall on the passenger side? Upper left of the picture. One is Red and the other? I see the Echlin TP 51 is mounted to the passenger fender up front in the lower left of the picture.

Curious on what the other two are?
The voltage regulator and the "EGR Timer/delay" right next to it according to my FSM. What it does IDK... I don't think it does anything now, being that my EGR is not being used. Guess I could buy a "block off plate" to complete the delete.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Ed-Doba.....how long has the car run without crapping out previously? Was it days or weeks? Just wondering how long you'll need to have it running reliably to confirm it's "fixed".

Reactions: Intrep_ED

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Ed-Doba.....how long has the car run without crapping out previously? Was it days or weeks? Just wondering how long you'll need to have it running reliably to confirm it's "fixed".

This^^^ we'll have to wait until Friday to celebrate. If she's still running good by then, she's fixed. (For now!)

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Made the 15-20 minute drive home, with several red lights, and a stop at the liquor store, no problem. She behaved all along the way in the warm 78 degree weather...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Is that an 85mph Speedo?

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Is that an 85mph Speedo?
Yes Sir!

And I've have it up to that mark (there's no peg to stop the needle). It's real easy to do 65-70 in this car before you even realize it. I can see it back in the day, when the speed limit everywhere was 55Mph, this thing was a road car.

I can tell a difference with the new ECU and the rpm curve. It seems to make a lot more sense with the trans' shift points now. It's meant to be driven with some throttle...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Zoom Zoom Doba!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
This^^^ we'll have to wait until Friday to celebrate. If she's still running good by then, she's fixed. (For now!)

How much gas do you have in the tank? LOL!

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
I can tell a difference with the new ECU and the rpm curve. It seems to make a lot more sense with the trans' shift points now. It's meant to be driven with some throttle...
That rotor did looked burnt - I hope you replaced all the common ignition items...?...

221 - 240 of 276 Posts