DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

141 - 160 of 276 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Ed-Doba....make sure this recall was done!

1980 Chrysler Cordoba Structure Recall 79V232000

Action Number: N/A
Service Bulletin Number: 79V232000
Report Date: Oct 22, 1979 Component: Structure
Potential Units Affected: 4000
Manufacturer: Chrysler Corporation
Summary: The defect involves the potential for exhaust gas (containing carbon monoxide) entry into the passenger compartment which can occur as a result of improperly retained plastic sealing plugs in the rear quarter panel/trunk area of the vehicle. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas which in sufficient quantity and exposure time is potentially lethal.
Consequence:
Remedy: Dealer will install improved quarter panel sealing plugs without charge to owner.
Notes: Vehicle description: passenger vehicles. System: structure; frame members and body. Consequences of defect: exhaust gas entry into the passenger compartment cancause carbon monoxide poisoning of occupants, resulting in illness or death.

Reactions: Intrep_ED

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Ed-Doba....make sure this recall was done!

1980 Chrysler Cordoba Structure Recall 79V232000

Action Number: N/A
Service Bulletin Number: 79V232000
Report Date: Oct 22, 1979 Component: Structure
Potential Units Affected: 4000
Manufacturer: Chrysler Corporation
Summary: The defect involves the potential for exhaust gas (containing carbon monoxide) entry into the passenger compartment which can occur as a result of improperly retained plastic sealing plugs in the rear quarter panel/trunk area of the vehicle. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas which in sufficient quantity and exposure time is potentially lethal.
Consequence:
Remedy: Dealer will install improved quarter panel sealing plugs without charge to owner.
Notes: Vehicle description: passenger vehicles. System: structure; frame members and body. Consequences of defect: exhaust gas entry into the passenger compartment cancause carbon monoxide poisoning of occupants, resulting in illness or death.
Ooh **** thanks Ron! Yeah I definitely want to make sure that one, as well as any other recalls are done.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Going to need someplace to study up and ace those manuals LOL!
lol I thought that's what you meant.. :p (reading material) Hey anything's better than the back of a tampon box right hehe..

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
Oh hey guys I think I found something. Well, I know I found something... but I just may have discovered the problem.

Look at these next couple pics. I noticed there's a skinny looking vacuum port that was left open. Looking at various diagrams online, I assume this had air coming out of it, hence why they just left it open after the lean burn conversion.

And I asked the guys over at the FMJbody forums about it with this pic to help:

Then, I decided maybe I should actually check the other plugs... you see that small plug right under the red "W"??? looks plugged right?

NOT!!!

That's where my whistle was! I think I may have just found the problem...

What do you guys think? a wide open plug like that sucking air cause my stall/no start issue?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
What side of the carb is that on? Front/Back/Left/Right? Did you look at the emissions diagrams I provided a page back to see where it originally went?

Is it drawing vacuum?

Reactions: Intrep_ED

·
Premium Member
16,698 Posts
What side of the carb is that on? Front/Back/Left/Right? Did you look at the emissions diagrams I provided a page back to see where it originally went?

Is it drawing vacuum?
If you need help with that, here's a How-To:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
If you need help with that, here's a How-To:
Lmao Bill!

It's on the back left of the carb Ron, on the driver's side corner. I believe it was one of the ports that went to the lean burn setup. It was obviously supposed to be plugged.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Like night and Day! The Doba is back on the road!

Yeah that plug with the hole in it was obviously where my problem was. A proper plug in it's place and I've gotten rid of the whistle, and now have a stable running idle. The car actually has better pull now under acceleration! Woot!

Now, I can shift my focus back down to those steering linkage parts, namely the idler arm...

·
Premium Member
16,698 Posts
Glad *somebody* appreciates my sense of humor! (@Ron) :)

Like night and Day! The Doba is back on the road!

Yeah that plug with the hole in it was obviously where my problem was. A proper plug in it's place and I've gotten rid of the whistle, and now have a stable running idle. The car actually has better pull now under acceleration! Woot!

Now, I can shift my focus back down to those steering linkage parts, namely the idler arm...
Congratulations, Ed.

I highly recommend AC Delco steering linkages. They have two versions of each part: "Advantage", which is their lower cost part, and they have the "Professional" line - cost more, but higher quality. Get the part nos. of both lines off of Rock Auto.

I replaced all the steering linkages on my '85 F150 last year - found parts on ebay claimed to be "Professional" line part nos., at significant savings. I was skeptical of counterfeits or sellers calling them the "Professional" line but shipping "Advantage". I saw on the AC Delco site that they have a counterfeit parts group in their company that you can send photos of the parts you get and they will determine for you if they are genuine or counterfeit (or of the cheaper line). I was pleasantly surprised that they actually looked at what I sent them (emailed back and asked me where I bought them, and I told them ebay) and, a few days later, they came back and declared all my parts as genuine Professional line. I was impressed.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Glad *somebody* appreciates my sense of humor! (@Ron) :)

Congratulations, Ed.

I highly recommend AC Delco steering linkages. They have two versions of each part: "Advantage", which is their lower cost part, and they have the "Professional" line - cost more, but higher quality. Get the part nos. of both lines off of Rock Auto.

I replaced all the steering linkages on my '85 F150 last year - found parts on ebay claimed to be "Professional" line part nos., at significant savings. I was skeptical of counterfeits or sellers calling them the "Professional" line but shipping "Advantage". I saw on the AC Delco site that they have a counterfeit parts group in their company that you can send photos of the parts you get and they will determine for you if they are genuine or counterfeit (or of the cheaper line). I was pleasantly surprised that they actually looked at what I sent them (emailed back and asked me where I bought them, and I told them ebay) and, a few days later, they came back and declared all my parts as genuine Professional line. I was impressed.
Totally agree. Who buys the $6 idler arm anyway? I'll gladly pay 20 or 30 bucks for a quality part. I want my car to have the same "professional grade" (police/taxi) parts wherever possible.

And I want grease zerts! No sealed made in China "budget" parts that aren't going to last.

The counterfeit service is a great thing to have no doubt! I had some "Moog" parts that I bought for the intrepid a few years back that were questionable.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
^^^funny.. that was supposed to be a reply to this text conversation I was having with the GF regarding the homeless guys that started the Atlanta bridge collapse/fire. She said "they should throw them all in jail" ...

Anyway :p

·
Premium Member
16,698 Posts
^^^funny.. that was supposed to be a reply to this text conversation I was having with the GF regarding the homeless guys that started the Atlanta bridge collapse/fire. She said "they should throw them all in jail" ...

Anyway :p
Those 3 transients proved, once again, that fire on a steel structure can't cause it to collapse. Oh! Wait!!...

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Those 3 transients proved, once again, that fire on a steel structure can't cause it to collapse. Oh! Wait!!...

Aaaahh I just want to know where they got the jet fuel to cook with :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 276 Posts