DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to try to make a do-it-yourself cowl hood...i am thinking on raising the back of the hood (at the windshield) a couple of inches so that hot air could escape faster. any ideas??? (those latches look like a *****, but one could try? yes no?)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
heres an idea...you could get one of those kinda cheap scoops outta JCWhitney. draw the outline of it on your hood and torch that part out. then put the cowl on with bondo or something like that, followed by ALOT of sanding. primer it and then go get it professionally painted. that should look good, IMO.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, not like his (i dont think), i emailed race2win WAY back when and asked him about the hood,...from what i recall, he said it was a molded fiberglass on top of the existing hood, with foglamps in it. anyway, nothing major, ive seen people who've simply raised the rear of the hood a couple of inches higher to allow air passing through the compartment a place to leave (cooling out the compartment)... i dont want to go cutting it up, cause in the long term (and perhaps the short), it would be bad.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i have an idea for letting a lot of heat out of the compartment. i gotta take a pic of it to explain it. it isn't easily explained so i might actually do it first and then just post pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts