DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted awhile back that i had a 00 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 that it was jerking and stalling, i pretty changed the output and input Sensor's now im questioning if its the EGR Valve thats sticking and making it stall when idling and jerking while in motion. First i thought it was the Fuel Injectors but that wasn't it so i spoke with a mechanic at a dealership and "he" said it's the EGR valve sticking; if this is the case how hard is it to replace and if its the problem.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had mine replaced a couple of months ago, and according to the mechanic, it's fairly complicated. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I do know it's not easily accessible. I paid $130 for the part and $100 for the labor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wife's keeps throwing the EGR code when it's like 40*f and crisp, or when it's 45*ish and damp. (expecting it on the way home tonight actually). It clears itself after driving for a few miles (10 or so). Been doing this for 2 years. I have been told the EGR valves are a PIA- they get dirty easy and stick. I Think NAPA (some aftermarket) has them for like $75.00, but the work to change it.....

Her's has a slightly rough idle now, was running rich earlier this spring (cooler weather)- I expect that's the culprit- just not looking forward to changing it.
Acording to the Factory SM it;s on the back of the right cylinder head under the intake manifold and there's 2 tubes in the system as well as the valve itself.

Air intake/resonator must be removed and SM says tighten valve to head screws first then valve to tube screws.
FYI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to install it myself cause it would cost alot taking it to a mechanic but with the info you fellas gave me i should do alright.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts