DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time guys; but I'm back asking for ur input agian lol! I'm so happy I found an eibach kit (springs and shims) for the trep! And just like any one else who's done this recently can't find any sport package struts to use with them!!! Dammit!!! So guys what struts do you guys suggest? Please include part numbers if possible, I know there's probably a thread for this but the new layout is very hard to navigate! Thanks guys!'

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It is believed that the KYB struts are somewhere between 300M Special struts and "regular" struts on stiffness - not 100% sure that's true. I don't know if progressive valving points are different on different struts. But other than the KYBs possibly being stiffer, there's nothing else made that is not essentially equivalent to a regular strut.

You'll find two "models" of the KYB: GR-2 and Excel-G. It's been confirmed with the factory that the two models are the exact same strut, just different labels used for different markets. You can get the part numbers off of the Rock Auto site.

EDIT: You will periodically see the KYBs on wholesaler close out on Rock Auto - usually only one corner at a time. So if you have time before you're going to install, you might be able to get them at substantial savings.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, good looking out peva. That confirms what I thought aswell I will check out Rock auto thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts