DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Do you want PERFORMANCE lowering springs?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the scoop: Eibach has discontinued sales of their prokit for first generation Intrepids. They are progressive rate 1.0" front, 1.3" rear lowering. These springs are designed with performance in mind and work well with stock shocks but are best paired with Tokico shocks. If you autocross like me or want manageable lowering and great street performance, these are the springs you want. They are listed at around $260.

The Intraxx springs have a greater drop but are NOT performance springs at all and they have been reported to have clearance problems as well.

I know there are several people on this board that are interested in the springs, lets see how many and then if there is enough interest, we may be able to persuade Eibach to continue manufacturing them for a group buy.

(Edit: looking into specific spring rates of all available springs)

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I have debated about lowering my car since I've owned it. I've got a couple reasons why I dont want to, one is the clearance. My airdam just barely scrapes the tops of curbs as it is, If I lower it it'll be hitting the bumper. I'm not a fan of repetitive body work, once is plenty. The other reason is that no one makes a straight drop, I like the rake my car has, apparently no one else does because all of the lowering kits drop the back more than the front. Of course there's always the money issue, for a poor college kid like me money is Always an issue. I've got a valve train problem that needs to go away before I continue modding, if that turns out to be a cheap fix then I'll more seriously consider buying these springs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am looking to do the drop myself, and the Intraxx are too aggressive of a drop for my liking... Let me know - I might just buy these on my own though, you can find them still if you search for them..
Kenny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts