DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have up for sale 2nd gen eibach springs for Concordes, Intrepids, 300ms, and LHS's 98-2004

Comes with all the spacers..never been installed...NEW IN BOX

$195 plus shipping

Reactions: 00RT

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Is there any possibility of me picking them up? I'm going to be in MB on the 22nd and I'd like to save on the shipping. Also, how big is the box? I have to make sure we'll have enough room with all the luggage.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Intrep_ED said:
That was the quickest deal I think I've ever seen!
I know!! Being that you have the springs yourself, any info you can give me on them? I'm trying to gather as much info about doing this as possible because I plan on doing it myself and want to be prepared. I was considering the H&Rs because the drop is supposedly 1.2" compared to 1", but I remember seeing that the drop is pretty much the same in actuality. I was also considering the intrax, but I'm afraid that the 1.8" drop along with no motor/trans spacers is not a good idea for my daily commuter. I think I may wait until next year when I have over 100k so I get the full life out of my struts, and theres no way in hell I'm putting these on now and then repalcing the struts in another 20 or 30k! I'm getting these one way or the other I just want to make sure I've done my homework! Any opinions/advice/tips would be great.

·
Registered
19,643 Posts
Its pretty much a variable on how much drop you get (how much weight, what kind of struts, etc...) I think mine looks just as low as the H&R drop or even the Intrax 1.8" I'm very happy with the Eibachs and don't regret doing this mod one bit.
I am using the OEM struts and have not had any problems for almost a year now. I know I'll eventually have to buy new struts, but I figured "why now?" the OEMs adjusted themselves nicley to the new spring hieght, and its been smooth sailing ever since.
One issue I did encounter was obtaining the special tool needed to remove the top strut mount nut, so my buddy and I had to "make" one by cutting the top off of a 12pt socket (I think it was a 7/8") to be able to fit the 10mm socket inside on the shaft while turning the outer with large vice grips. Also, my top strut nuts (front) were kinda rusty, so I had to replace them.
Other than that, there were no major issues. The back is kindof a pita because you have to remove the whole back seat, deck, and 6x9s to get to the strut mounts. But all in all, took a freind and I about 8hrs to complete with air. (thats with a long lunch break, and several long "smoke" breaks! LOL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.