DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you running Eibachs on your Treps, what struts are you using? Are you using KYB's or others? i am asking becasue i have heard mixed things bout the KYB's working well with Eibach springs, just wanted some peoples input thanx :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
well Aaron, I have the Kyb struts, paired with Eibach springs, and have had the setup since something like june or july, and I love it. It feels so sporty. and I cant wait to put my 255/45/17 tires on, then this car will handle like a mofo.

anyway, the only complaint i have is when i go over bumps at high speed it seems harsh... but its not really bad...

anyway, i havent heard anything about pairing these 2 components. I like the setup.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanx, that was the answer i was looking for, it might seem harsh since the springs are firmer, but who knows, does the car look good to? i was just thinking of the new Ford 17" rims if they wil truly fit, those look ssharp :eek:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I am also running the Eibach/KYB GR-2 setup...love it! You thought they handle good now, wait till you drop it 1 1/2", then see what it can do. The results would be much better with a good wheel/tire combo...something i don't have the money for quite yet. As for speed bumps, i haven't scraped bottom yet, i have always taken it easy over them though. SO, i would recommend them for sure!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx, i know what i am getting for my B-day ;-)

·
Registered
144 Posts
How much are the KYB rear struts ? I need some rear struts for my '95. Do yah have a part number too ? I am in process of getting quotes right now.

Thanks !

·
Registered
261 Posts
MedicMan, i think if i remember correctly, mine were between 50 and 60 bucks a peice, but that was when i ordered 4, and ordered the springs at the same time... however, they shouldnt vary in price too much, the guy discounted the springs for the package, not the struts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KYB-GR2 $64/each fro tire rack $248 for the springs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts