DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my box yesterday, all airtight, except the port of course. Had to head back up to school, so hopefully the new head unit, amp, and subs will be to my house later today. While uploading these pictures, my subs arrived, head unit and amp are different packages, and are planned to arrive later tonight. Pic included.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda iffy on how its gonna sound. Its goin in my trunk, gonna use up basically every cubic inch of my trunk exept a few near the tail, a couple on the sides, and a few high. so lets hope it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Did you do any internal bracing? Generally two subs per enclsoure, hopefully it will give the sound you are looking for.

The box does look clean, nice wood working skills. Port?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
What kind of wood is that? It doesn't look like typical MDF and also looks pretty thick. 1" boards?

It almost looks like its more like higher density particleboard.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hmmmm interesting

Does it fit? lol I put a 6 cube box in my 95 and had to build it into the trunk, only way it came out was with an ax

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Remove Engine, dash, firewall, seats and slide into the back trunk. LOL. Installation is reverse of removal.

I hope it fits also. Maybe I missed it, what amps are driving those subs?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I took about a million measurements like 10 times, so it better fit
I'm sure the measuerments work, and it fits fine in theory, but will it slide in? If a trunk is say 10 inches high, you might not be able to fit a 10 inch high box in there because it has to be on an angle to be slid in. Which makes the box that is 10 inches tall seem like it's 15 inches tall when you go to put it in.

:idontknow::idontknow:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.