DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start, she has 138k+...these are some of the mods so far:

Audio:

1) Alpine Headunit.
2) Two Alpine Type-S 6.5" door speakers.
3) Two Alpine Type-S 6x9 Rear speakers.
4) Two 12" MTX 4500's in a slotted Thunder box.
5) 800W Pioneer Amplifier.

Exterior:

Black tail light mod.
Debadged hood.
Repainted exhaust (black).
DI.net decal everyone should have.
Gray bumper. :icon_wink

Interior:

Painted some interior black, all four runners,
the bezel, the front door speaker grills.
Steering wheel cover and new floor mats
(not pictured) to match the interior mods.

Here are a few pics of Ol' Bessy:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
vary nice, now keep going, shes got a long way yet.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gazetowardthesky said:
it looks like "Zip Tie Fest 2007" under your hood man!

not a bad car to start with though
Yea, the mounts wouldn't go anywhere so my friend drove down to benny's and grabbed some zipties, they are tiny zipties though, I think when I get the really large ones it wont look AS bad. Not really concerned with the engine bay as much as before when I painted it though so that may never happen

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Justin said:
Nice Sport.

You forgot to paint your front bumper.
Yea, I was going to get the whole car painted, but I wound up putting an Alpine system in instead. I just don't know with 136k that it's worth putting a grand into a paintjob. I have had that plastic bumper so long I actually like it now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New pic. Cleaned up all those little white zip ties by using heavy duty black ones. And also painted the cover black. Also shows how much the PlastX helped my headlights. And one more update, I took the badge off the front...it was really worn out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm aware that the intake is not positioned correctly in the picture, but I did go out and fix it this morning to sit closer to the hole. New spark plugs put in today as well, much better response from the throttle. My old ones were close to 40-50k old sooo...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's good to hear lol. Oh and I did get the badge off the hood, the dental floss kept breaking so I just picked at with my finger nail for about 15 minutes followed by about 5 minutes of goo gone. The damn goo gone just kept spreading the glue everywhere.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have a new picture of the engine bay, finally done painting everything I wanted to paint and I used my camera to take the pic (The last pic was really shitty). What do you think?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hard, I got the MTX facing into the car. I really need to amp the speakers on a highpass crossover cause the HU goes to 35 volume and when I hit 21 even with defeat on the bass gets too heavy in the speakers and starts to distort. That will be my next investment, whenever I get my car back from being checked out/fixed from the dealer...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bringing my thread back to life one last time.

The Intrepid will be gone in less than 48 hours. I feel like I am going to die. With the deal I got on my newer car I couldn't say no. Plus, the transmission has 143k on it and I am not so sure it will go much further. I will post picture of my newer car as soon as I get it cleaned. It has plenty of work to be done to it though so don't expect a sexy beast. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts