DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's about time I did one of these. I bought the car in late August 09. It's a 1997 Dodge Intrepid Sport. Sport meaning Autostick. However it came with polycast wheels and cloth seats. I swapped the seats out for the seats out of my dead LHS. At Danlisle III I met some awesome 1st gen guys who walked me through a few mods.

These are from the day I bought the car:
There is a little dent on the left side of the hood and the usual Michigan stone chips.

The paint looks pretty good for it's age.

The Interior:
Cloth Buckets up front. Only drivers was power so that had to go. You can see how yellow the headlights are.

Rear wasn't bad but had to match the front.

LHS Seats: Installed
Fronts bolted in really easily. They feel so soft.

The rears were a bit more challenging. I found a half deck of pokemon cards in the trep and a bunch of swedish fish but once it was clean they looked like they were factory.

I didn't do much to it for a few weeks then with OHIO III fast approaching I couldn't let my window trim sit any longer.

While in Ohio Doug cleaned up my headlights up really well. It's hard to see at night but they look Brand ADI'ING New.

While there Kyle talked me into Seafoaming my trep at 11:00 at night.
This was while putting the seafoam in. Kinda looks like the garage is on fire.

After a failed start attempt and a half....D FOR DUMBASS. Tearing off leaving the road screwed.

Kyle also did my trans filter and fluid. I watched and pretended I could help:

That's all I've got for now. I'll get some OITS pics tomorrow.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Very nice Trep!! We got her just about good for you at Danlisle III...quite the improvement over the retired LHS!!

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice Trep! Really looks amazing for a car with 150,000 on her.
Thanx Kyle. You've seen parts of it I never had before.

Very nice Trep!! We got her just about good for you at Danlisle III...quite the improvement over the retired LHS!!
Note the bold. I did forget to grab one of those cam shaft sensors from you.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice improvement Nigel. I trust we won't be seeing any goiters on those tires right?
No Shawn you won't

Looks good Nigel. Love the seats.
Thanx the driver's seat is getting a little worn.

You worked hard buddy, you should be proud! Nice ride!
I'm damned proud of it and of the headlight work you did.

Nice ride, defenatly looks good for it's age. Defenatly look for some wheel caps!
I'm looking to get some momentums

·
Registered
211 Posts
You've got a great starting point with that car Nigel - and the SPORT model is something you dont see everyday. I'm still stunned at the difference the headlights make now.
Next time, I'll bring my tools and you can have free reign over them --- although I don't have anywhere near the really cool ones Dan has.
Cheers - see you at the next meet!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
car looks great! I would def get the momentums! they look great on the white treps(did a photo shop to try) but dont let phucking phil see ur trep...he might get all teary eyed! LOL

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
definitely nice car, Nigel. Well on the way to become a looker, especially after cleaning off all that 'genetic-fingerprint-capable' material on the back seat.....:wink:

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
car looks great! I would def get the momentums! they look great on the white treps(did a photo shop to try) but dont let phucking phil see ur trep...he might get all teary eyed! LOL
I'm looking for a set. But don't really have much money to spend on them.

definitely nice car, Nigel. Well on the way to become a looker, especially after cleaning off all that 'genetic-fingerprint-capable' material on the back seat.....:wink:
Thanx again. Not that It would have been mine.

I'm with Be_man, they look great on the 1st gens. (his, case in point!)
Shut up mr cheap razorstars. not all of us can find cheap wheels

El Kabong, What happened to your LHS? Just curious. TIA.

-mpr14cw
axle shaft and output bearing I think it's called. part of the trans. I spend less on this than repairs would have been.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm looking for a set. But don't really have much money to spend on them.
Shut up mr cheap razorstars. not all of us can find cheap wheels.
try putting a smiling emoticon or atleast a wink so U dont look so rude...:wink:

and just keep a look out on kijiji or craigslist and you will score some cheap ones easily!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts