DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,966 Posts
I didn't have problems with that elbow deteriorating on my 2.7. On the other hand, there aren't many of these cars in the salvage yards to choose from anymore.

I guess that doesn't really help you that much. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not much help. So, what did you actually do? pick a generic 90 degree elbow hose somewhere? My car started idling kinda rough.

·
Premium Member
16,966 Posts
No, not much help. So, what did you actually do? pick a generic 90 degree elbow hose somewhere? My car started idling kinda rough.
Like I said, I didn't have the problem, so I didn't have to do anything.

Yes - I'd say a salvage yard - maybe find something on another vehicle if LHs are scarce (other Chryslers are more likely to have the same or similar part) - or - as you said, an aftermarket from the parts store. Check the Help brand aisle, and there may be a separate rack with various generic vacuum-type hard plastic male tees, couplings, and elbows - they may also have some some rubber female fittings on the same rack. The only problem with aftermarket rubber fittings is the grossly inferior materials that may fall to pieces in a year or two. I don't know if NAPA has the right thing, but if they do, they may be made a little better (or not).

·
Woober Goobers!
50,466 Posts
Where does the other end of that hose go to? I've been checking out the Parts catalogs and haven't come up with anything. The closest is the PCV system but that's the larger elbow in front of the one you pictured.

I only have 3.5L LH cars. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if there's a similar elbow on mine that might work.

·
Premium Member
16,966 Posts
Where does the other end of that hose go to? I've been checking out the Parts catalogs and haven't come up with anything. The closest is the PCV system but that's the larger elbow in front of the one you pictured.

I only have 3.5L LH cars. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if there's a similar elbow on mine that might work.
I can't remember where that goes - evap system purge solenoid? Study the vacuum system diagram decal on the upper radiator support - it may give you enough of a clue.

I think that's it - see diagram below from the FSM. Pretty sure 15 is that line, 16 is the purge solenoid:

MARAUDER2003 - The thought just occurred to me: In my previous post, I mentioned a rack in the parts stores with barbed hard-plastic couplers, elbows, and tees. Get an elbow the right size and connect it to the port ahead of the throttle body and the hard line using common rubber vacuum hose. Unless you're determined to maintain the factory look, that would be a simple and reliable solution (if you get quality vacuum hose). I think they have short rubber couplers made of good quality rubber hanging on that same rack - they would be best - generally much tougher and longer lasting than some of the vacuum hose sold by the foot.

·
Premium Member
16,966 Posts
Purge solenoid is on a bracket on the passenger side below the positive jump post, next to the air cleaner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your suggestions. I believe 15 is that line. Line appears to come from the rear of the car. I'll look for something in the "help" rack of the parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts