DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just remembered of an idea I got a while back.
To take a strong electric leaf blower and connect it to the civic intake pipe. It would be better if it was a Y pipe, one end with the normal cone filter and the other with the blower and some filter so that the car can still run without the blower on.
Once at WOT, flip the switch and you got a tiny jet engine under your hood.
I don't know what to expect if this is done. would it seize from getting too much air and not enough fuel?

·
Registered
342 Posts
where is there room for a leaf blower under the hood??? and if it was a y pipe, the pressure from the blower (if any) would just go out the other filter - it would be more of a ram air thing than forced induction, because all of the pressure would be lost.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
while you're at it, you might as well turn your Mr. Coffe Machine into a fuel generator for your flux capacitor!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahahahaha :evilking:
hey, there's no way in hell i would do this to my car, but one of my dumbass friends might let me try it on theirs.
AND i wasn't being THAT serious, it was just an idea i got while messing with a camcorder so it would be recorded "jackass" style since something is pretty much guaranteed to go wrong.

you guys are great, hahahaha

sweet, anyone looking for a continium transfunctioner? dude, the one in my trep isn't working :icon_lol:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd be surprised if you even got up to one pound of pressure. It takes a lot of horsepower to run a supercharger to get the big power out again. Note the large belt required to run one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
whatever you do do not do this to any car, a kid i knew i highschool did this to his thunderbird and it actually stole power from his car, but he also used the little filter off the front of an airconditioner for his air filter......needless to say, it sucked and we all laughed at him for like 5 months after that.

p.s. i beat him in a race with my 1985 caddilac coupe deville.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts