DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here
93 Eagle Vision w/3.3L
Recently the guages in the car started acting funny. The fuel guage would jump around, while the low fuel light would go on and off sporatically. Occasionaly the car would unlock itself or the trunk would just pop. Last week the interior lights started blinking and the guages started working perfectly. No more trunk pops. I pulled the curcuit breaker for the interior lights to keep them from draining the battery. When i did, the radio went dead. When i put the fuse back in, the lights started working normal and the guages started getting screwy again. Today I replaced the battery (it died of natural causes ..7 years old).. and everything seemed to be normal, but randomly the horn started beeping over and over and the door locks went up and down. Took the negative cable off the battery for 10 minutes, came back and now the transmission indicator light in the dash have all came on at once(like the car is in park, nuetral, reverse and drive all at the same time) and the car won't upshift. It seems like everytime i cut power the problem goes to a new system. I figure it has to be some sort of computer glitch...Has anyone had a similar problem or know of which module might be the problem??

I would really appreciate your help, I have to drive the car across the country (3000 miles) starting Next monday. HELP

·
Registered
564 Posts
FOr the fuel guage mine does this....from what I gather it an issue with the fuel pump..which can be changed from the trunk..the rest dunno

·
9,861 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the BCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i appreciate the help. Looks like i'm off to the auto parts store to drop off a cool two-fitty on a BCM

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Almost everytime that my tank is full, the low fuel light will blink once or twice in the first mile or two that I drive. This has been happening for 2-3 years with my 93 Eagle Vision TSI 3.5. Once the guage showed empty after filling the tank, but after a mile of driving, it returned to normal. I have only noticed this once. I'm going to live with this.

I haven't had any of the other troubles that you mention.

·
9,861 Posts
Your issue is the fuel sending unit. It isn't related to this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts