DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 1998 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 L with a coolant issue. Last week his car overheated due to a plastic bag covering the radiator. This caused some other issues ruptured the water connector, burned up the electric fan motor, blew some fuses and relays what a mess. Since then I have replaced all items listed above but still am have one issue once the car reaches it’s proper temperature the radiator fan kicks on just like it’s suppose to but if I turn on the interior comfort control fan it kicks off the radiator fan unit. Also if I turn on the A/C I get no cold air and the fan motor that controls the A/C doesn’t kick on. What are some possible ideas is there other sensors that might need replaced or possibily other relays? I have spent 8 hours going over this unit and I have scratched my head until I’m bald in one spot NEED HELP.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
When you turn the A/C on, both fans are supposed to come on.
On this site is the '02 Factory Service Manual that's applicable for the most part.
Good wiring diagrams,etc- big file, but FREE!
http://dvms.dvusd.org/02lhe/
Does the A/C compressor clutch engage?
This could be multiple probs. Lot's of fuses and relays...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.