DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a point of information. The daughter's car has been acting up for a few weeks. Windows would stop working, A/C would stop working, turn signals would quit, etc. Did the norm, checked all grounds, disconnect the battery and re-connect, check all fuses and relays. At my whits end I started banging on the dash to check for loose connections. Grabbed the key and shook it around. Ended up being a bad ignition switch. Go figure.
Mitch
:smileyvault-newhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After searching around the site I guess this is not an uncommon problem. I also see that apparently it's not the actual lock cylinder which seems to work smoothly but the switch behind it? I will tear into it over the weekend and try to determine which part I need to get.

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
After searching around the site I guess this is not an uncommon problem. I also see that apparently it's not the actual lock cylinder which seems to work smoothly but the switch behind it? I will tear into it over the weekend and try to determine which part I need to get.
yeah the electrical is handled by the switch not the lock cylinder. As long as the key works smoothly there is no reason to replace anything but the electrical switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts